What to do if wait listed???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentisthopeful7

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I know this questions has probably been asked a few times, but i figured i would throw it out there anyway. I've been wait listed at a few schools and was wondering what the next steps would be. I am considering retaking my DAT (Previous scores 20AA, 19TS, 20PAT) but im not sure if that will make a difference at this point in the cycle. If anyone has any previous experience getting off the wait list or any useful advice I would really appreciate it. Should i call the schools and express interest or type up some kind of letter. I just finished my grad program and I am currently working full time, so I cant really shadow anymore and Im not really sure if i should go looking for any more letters of recommendation. I already submitted 4 with my original application. Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
dont retake the DAT i got 19AA 19TS 15PAT and still got 3 acceptances

what schools did you apply to?

I applied to 15 (NYU, BU, Tuft, temples, creighton, louisville, UNE, ASDOH, MWU-az, MWU-IL and western)chools but interviewed at UF, Nova, LECOM, and Roseman. Im not sure about UF's final decision in regards to a wait list or rejection but i have been waitlisted at the other 3. My gpa isnt too great, which is what makes me think i should retake my DAT. I finished undegrad with a 2.97 science and a 3.28 ovrall. But i just completed an all science masters program through the college of medicine at a state university with a 3.5, which i though would hold some weight considering i went from struggling in 1 or 2 science classes a semester to pretty much getting all As and Bs with 4 upper level sciences in the same semester. I have 200+ hours of shadowing, 200+ hours of research, around 80 hours of non-dental volunteering, 4 strong letters of rec, and I applied in the first batch. I really was expecting to have a good chance this year.

What schools were you accepted too?

Members don't see this ad :)
I also did interview at UF and LECOM, but they didn't send me anything yet.. how did you find out that you are waitlisted for LECOM??

I actually called LECOM in the afternoon on Dec 3rd just to see if they had given out all their acceptances. They mentioned that they would send out emails earlier in the morning but i figured it was worth a shot just to call and ask to see if they sent them all out. I was told that I was placed on the alternate list, i think there should be something in the mail soon. Im not sure if calling would be a good idea though, I couldt tell if I upset them by being neurotic or if she didnt care. Just wait it out a few days and you should know where you stand.