• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

mac_kin

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Post Doc
I'm from Canada and applied to schools in Canada this year but my hopes of getting in are fading each day. So I'm applying to US schools this summer hoping to get in for Sept 2008.

My question is about suggestions for what to do next year, since I will have already graduated. I'm thinking of travel or work or returning to school and taking some extra courses.

If I do decide to just take some extra courses, should I take a full course load? Will not taking a full course load impact me in any negative way?

I was thinking of taking 2 or 3 courses in the fall + working a lot, then travelling in the spring.

For those who took time off before applying or didn't get in the first time around, what did you do with your year off???

Thanks!

Chuckwalla

10+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I'm from Canada and applied to schools in Canada this year but my hopes of getting in are fading each day. So I'm applying to US schools this summer hoping to get in for Sept 2008.

My question is about suggestions for what to do next year, since I will have already graduated. I'm thinking of travel or work or returning to school and taking some extra courses.

If I do decide to just take some extra courses, should I take a full course load? Will not taking a full course load impact me in any negative way?

I was thinking of taking 2 or 3 courses in the fall + working a lot, then travelling in the spring.

For those who took time off before applying or didn't get in the first time around, what did you do with your year off???

Thanks!

Do whatever you have dreamed of doing. You probably won't get another chance.

MadHopsMD

10+ Year Member
Apr 22, 2006
North
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
hey I was pretty much your situation two years ago (canadian too). I decided to NOT do a masters, and ended up doing nothing significant: volunteered in the community, worked at Kaplan and other places (non medical related), travelled. They always asked me what I did the past 2 years, and I always told them that I keep myself buzy :).

So dont fret, take couple classes and volunteer...that should be fine.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.