What to do in 5th year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mac_kin

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm from Canada and applied to schools in Canada this year but my hopes of getting in are fading each day. So I'm applying to US schools this summer hoping to get in for Sept 2008.

My question is about suggestions for what to do next year, since I will have already graduated. I'm thinking of travel or work or returning to school and taking some extra courses.

If I do decide to just take some extra courses, should I take a full course load? Will not taking a full course load impact me in any negative way?

I was thinking of taking 2 or 3 courses in the fall + working a lot, then travelling in the spring.

For those who took time off before applying or didn't get in the first time around, what did you do with your year off???

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm from Canada and applied to schools in Canada this year but my hopes of getting in are fading each day. So I'm applying to US schools this summer hoping to get in for Sept 2008.

My question is about suggestions for what to do next year, since I will have already graduated. I'm thinking of travel or work or returning to school and taking some extra courses.

If I do decide to just take some extra courses, should I take a full course load? Will not taking a full course load impact me in any negative way?

I was thinking of taking 2 or 3 courses in the fall + working a lot, then travelling in the spring.

For those who took time off before applying or didn't get in the first time around, what did you do with your year off???

Thanks!

Do whatever you have dreamed of doing. You probably won't get another chance.

hey I was pretty much your situation two years ago (canadian too). I decided to NOT do a masters, and ended up doing nothing significant: volunteered in the community, worked at Kaplan and other places (non medical related), travelled. They always asked me what I did the past 2 years, and I always told them that I keep myself buzy :).

So dont fret, take couple classes and volunteer...that should be fine.