JJMountainMan

10+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
So, I just finished the first year out of two at a practically SMP Masters and have applied to 45+ MD schools. Lets say I dont get in and have to take a glide year and apply again; what is the best thing to do to increase my chances that would take only one year to complete? I am debating applying to MPH programs as well that can be finished in a year, but dont know if that will be good enough. How about getting my EMT-B and Paramedic certs?(which I could use and be on search and rescue if I dont get in once again)

My undergrad stats are poor: 3.3 non science, 2.7 science(failing a single class due to illness really F'd me). But I have a 30S MCAT(would do better if I had to retake, Ive been getting 36's on practice tests), and a 3.5+ in med school courses at my non SMP Masters at a med school where I take the same classes as first year med students and there is no curve and no grade inflation.

If I dont get in this cycle after completing my Masters, is it of any use at this point to go do a post-bacc to repeat the undergrad pre-med requirements that I did not too very well on during undergrad?

What does everyone else do during gap years after SMPs? I searched and didnt find a good thread but please direct me that way if I missed it.

Thanks

Last edited:
About the Ads
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.