What to do? Masters? Need to bring grades up!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BNNIZZLE

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I finished 2 years of post bacc, being a non traditional student with a BA in black studies (I'm not black though, but I loved writing and history).

My overall GPA is 3.4, but my science GPA is a 3.04

I've taken Bio 1 +2, Chem 1+2, Orgo 1+2, Anatomy Physiology, Microbiology, Pathophysiology, Biochem, and 3 easier bio and chem classes. I had taken Bio 1 and Chem 1 as an undergrad (before I did my 2 years post bacc) and had failed both classes, but when i retook it after graduation, I got A's in both classes, but got a C in Orgo 2. My grades for all the other classes are A's and B's...but those F's really took a hit for the overall science GPA. I'm not sure what else to do? Masters? I'm also working part time while balancing school at the moment. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

I have not taken my DAT's yet.

Members don't see this ad.

3.4 GPA isn't a problem, it's the 3.04 sGPA that'll be hard to overcome. What would your sGPA have been if not for the two failing grades? I don't know which, if any dental schools reward 'reinvention' like some MD schools do, but I know that upward trends are usually looked upon favorably. I believe that I've read on these forums that your last two years of school weigh more heavily on your app than what came before because that is the level of performance you are expected to bring to DS.