What to do the next 4 weeks?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinipig523

I like my job!
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Rush Med (in chicago) starts the 13th of september... I am wondering:

should i brush up my biology mcats (physio, anatomy, etc..)?

i am looking at an anatomy atlas (atleast i try to whenever i'm bored at work) and was wondering if i should pick up the pace a bit.. anyone?

;)

Members don't see this ad.

Please don't do anything school-related until you actually start school. You will get enough of that crap once you get there.

I recommend camping, fishing, traveling, etc.

Don't you guys begin orientation on the 7th? Anyway to answer your question, you should do as the above poster suggests and just enjoy yourself. There will be a time for studying soon and you will miss your freedom! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
doc05 said:
Please don't do anything school-related until you actually start school. You will get enough of that crap once you get there.

I recommend camping, fishing, traveling, etc.

i second this.

pinipig523 said:

i am looking at an anatomy atlas (atleast i try to whenever i'm bored at work) and was wondering if i should pick up the pace a bit.. anyone?

;)

I never took anatomy so I'm beggining to get a little worried. As you, I bought an atlas and in the past month I've had it, can't push it past the 5th page. Oh well, I guess that first anatomy test will likely instill some motivation, that of not miserably failing. As a result of some sort of acute wisdom, I say let's not stress and have a good time at orientation.
nascent

Seriously, I have been in med. school for almost 2 weeks and already it seems like 2 years. My advice for those of you who haven't started is to go out every night of the week, enjoy the bars, and see your friends... because that is all about to end.

ddmoore54 said:
Seriously, I have been in med. school for almost 2 weeks and already it seems like 2 years. My advice for those of you who haven't started is to go out every night of the week, enjoy the bars, and see your friends... because that is all about to end.

Wow! 2 weeks and already "lovin" it ha? Would you say that working till the day before freaking orientation becasue, evidently, I have all the time in the world to be a parasite in med. school is terribly misguided? Yeah, that was the train of thought that has got me traped in this sh**hole for what it seems like an eternety. From this moment on I vow to pursue the "liquer" more zelously. God, what I wouldn't give for a cosmo right about now :(

I feel like Rush is starting late, even though I know that there are some that start after us. I took an anatomy course at a community college to get a little background on anatomy since I had none, and now I am just finishing off my summer "break" with Work, Work Work...Maybe I will have my bills current in the next couple of weeks (Ha!). I move into Rush housing at the end of the month. Nascentdoc, have you already moved in, and if so how are you liking it? The school still had an old address listed, so I have yet to receive the registration/orientation packet in the mail, but I did get the emails at least. I was tempted to send out a hello to everyone, I'm finally starting to get anxious about starting. Does anyone know if we can invite anyone to the White Coat ceremony or are you only supposed to have immediate family? Okay, I'm just bored and rambling a bit now...

pinipig523 said:

;)

I wish there was a smiley that shook it's head "no" in disappointment. Please don't do any studying in preparation for med school. All you'll be doing is burning away one of your last free summers ever. If they wanted you to study beforehand, they would have told you.

ldona said:
I feel like Rush is starting late, even though I know that there are some that start after us. I took an anatomy course at a community college to get a little background on anatomy since I had none, and now I am just finishing off my summer "break" with Work, Work Work...Maybe I will have my bills current in the next couple of weeks (Ha!). I move into Rush housing at the end of the month. Nascentdoc, have you already moved in, and if so how are you liking it? The school still had an old address listed, so I have yet to receive the registration/orientation packet in the mail, but I did get the emails at least. I was tempted to send out a hello to everyone, I'm finally starting to get anxious about starting. Does anyone know if we can invite anyone to the White Coat ceremony or are you only supposed to have immediate family? Okay, I'm just bored and rambling a bit now...

Hey,
I'm moving next thursday (I think :confused:, depends on my help). I'm pretty excited about moving and school but I guess all of this is mixed with apprehension. We'll see how it all plays out. The white coat ceremony is on friday the 10th and you can bring whoever you want. Anyway, I think I'm gonna have a party at my place and if you wanna come pm me and I'll give you details. See you at orientation.
nascent

wow... we have 3 rushmates here!

lol... i move in at center court in 2 weeks... i will see you guys there!

besides... how bad can med school be right? :D