Mar 26, 2010
Status
Medical Student
Hi every body, and i would appreciate a help over here.
I have studied in Lebanon in the Lebanese American University.
I have Finished my BS with a CGPA of only 3, with major courses Of 3.1
I have on mcat 24M, 10B 8P 6V.
I have good recommendation letters for my teacher
I am doing a research and i also have community service.
So is their any advice that would help

thinker

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
so LAU and AUB med are out of your reach? Frankly I don't know how Caribbean schools view LAU's undergrad so you should check with them.

Mar 26, 2010
Status
Medical Student
I appleid to lau, and i am still waiting for the interveiw to be done to know their decision, but i want to have several choices in case lau didn't give me an acceptance.

Do you have any idea what are my chances, and are the Caribbean universities better than lau.

Could you tell me which university should i apply in the Caribbean.

thank you :D

thinker

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
regarding which way is better LAU/AUB or Caribbean.. well that's the million dollar (or $150-300K!) question because I'm in a similar situation.. I'm looking at both AUB and Caribbean..

the best Caribbean universities are Saint George University, American University of the Caribbean, Ross University and Saba University (they all allow you to practice in all of the US and Canada).. all other universities are less competitive and in my opinion you shouldn't go to them unless you definitely can't go to the "big 4" mentioned above.

LAU didn't graduate a class yet right? it might be better to still stick with LAU if you get in, come to the US for some research or do an M.Sc. or two, and then you might be in line for a nice residency.

Mar 26, 2010
Status
Medical Student
i still thinking in the options of either Lau or some place out to get a good education.

no it didn't graduate any group yet, not untill 2013. this would be the first group.

What's ur nationality, why are u thinking in AUB?