What to do when finaid money is not enough?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tristy

BairesYarnCreation @ etsy
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm almost having a panick attack (ok, i'm a drama queen, i know) while reviewing my finances....

What can I do if the money from financial aid will not be enough to cover for the rest of the year? I have the stafford loans (sub and un-sub) but there's no way in hell this is going to be enough.....

I don't know what to do :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

I'm almost having a panick attack (ok, i'm a drama queen, i know) while reviewing my finances....

What can I do if the money from financial aid will not be enough to cover for the rest of the year? I have the stafford loans (sub and un-sub) but there's no way in hell this is going to be enough.....

I don't know what to do :scared:

You talk to your financial aid office, and see what they recommend. Probably private loans. If you have a good credit score (720+ is best, 700+ is ok) you'll have no problems getting them.

Now breathe in....and out.... You'll be fine. Something like 50,000 people are in med school at any given time - and they're all doing just fine. So will you.

Private loans are probably the best option. Talk to your school's FAO and see who they recommend.