What to do when rotation dates coincide?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

decgra

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there anything I can do when i get accepted for 2 rotations, which both coincide by 4 days?

Eg:One EM rotation ends on Nov 25th.
Next EM rotation starts on Nov 21st.

How can i participate in both, without screwing either up? Has this happened to anyone before?

Members don't see this ad.

Is there anything I can do when i get accepted for 2 rotations, which both coincide by 4 days?

Eg:One EM rotation ends on Nov 25th.
Next EM rotation starts on Nov 21st.

How can i participate in both, without screwing either up? Has this happened to anyone before?
Email one/both of the programs to explain the situation and see if you can start later / end earlier.

Reactions: 1 user
Email one/both of the programs to explain the situation and see if you can start later / end earlier.
Thank you. Is this a common occurrence, and do they usually accommodate requests like that?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you. Is this a common occurrence, and do they usually accommodate requests like that?

It completely depends on the program. Some of the places I rotated at were very clear that they would not accommodate any changes to the set dates; others have had students starting a week later/earlier. I have classmates who had to split vacation blocks to accommodate rotations that didn't line up with our schedule, and some who went to programs that adjusted the dates for them. There's not really any good way to know without asking your program(s) directly.

Reactions: 1 users
We would not be able to ever accommodate different start times (HR, computer training, orientation, simulation, ultrasound, etc. is just not feasible). End times are much more flexible; you do your set number of shifts, don't violate work hour restrictions, and then when you're done you're done.

Reactions: 1 user