What to do while on waitlist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DimaDrill

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been waitlisted by CCOM by the end of November and I still have not heard back from them. Does this mean that they have pretty much dissmissed my application by now? I really want to get into that school, even though I have been accepted to a few others. Would writting a letter of intent to their admissions director be a good idea right now? Or are waiting lists simply another codename for rejection?

Members don't see this ad.

i would write the letter. It can't really make things worse but it may show the adcom that you are really determined to attend CCOM. I would also find out how far on the list are you. I heard of people who got in off of waitlist.
Good luck and head up. At least you got in somewhere. There are people here who would want to get just anywhere so be happy you are not going to waste the whole year. :luck:

madga02 said:
i would write the letter. It can't really make things worse but it may show the adcom that you are really determined to attend CCOM. I would also find out how far on the list are you. I heard of people who got in off of waitlist.
Good luck and head up. At least you got in somewhere. There are people here who would want to get just anywhere so be happy you are not going to waste the whole year. :luck:

I say send a letter. Be sure to include your updated activities, grades, etc. Also, there is a guy in the admissions office who might be able to help, Mike Laken, you may have met him on interview day. He seems to have a very good handle on what works and what doesnt in terms of admissions and is an extremely nice person to speak with. Btw, I am giving up my spot at CCOM in the next week...hope you get it! :thumbup:

Dont lose hope. When I applied to med school I was waitlisted at all Med schools in Michigan (MSUCHM, MSUCOM, UofM, and Wayne St.) I got accepted to COM on the late date of July 8th, I got the call while I was golfing up in Northern Michigan. If I had it to do over again I would have been more proactive and send letters and information, showing my continued interest.

Good Luck!