What to do with M4 year.

Started by ixitixl
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ixitixl

Step 1 studysaurus
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Like everyone else and their extended family I will beginning applying for the oto match in a few months.

My record looks like this...
Step 1: 220/91
Step 2: scheduled for the end of July
M1/M2 grades above average.
M3 grades so far have been "advanced" with one "honors" at an ENT rotation I completed internationally (I wanted to see the system in a socialized healthcare setting).

Publications: 5 including Nature, PNAS, JARO, J Neuroscience - mostly second and third authors. Just submitted a 6th (a review article)

Abstracts: 11 presented at national and international meetings

Taught inner ear anatomy at Marine Biological Laboratory at Woods Hole.

Any thoughts on how to schedule my M4 year to help offset the low step 1?
 
Like everyone else and their extended family I will beginning applying for the oto match in a few months.

My record looks like this...
Step 1: 220/91
Step 2: scheduled for the end of July
M1/M2 grades above average.
M3 grades so far have been "advanced" with one "honors" at an ENT rotation I completed internationally (I wanted to see the system in a socialized healthcare setting).

Publications: 5 including Nature, PNAS, JARO, J Neuroscience - mostly second and third authors. Just submitted a 6th (a review article)

Abstracts: 11 presented at national and international meetings

Taught inner ear anatomy at Marine Biological Laboratory at Woods Hole.

Any thoughts on how to schedule my M4 year to help offset the low step 1?


The usual advice would apply here in my opinion (see a host of other threads on aways, etc). Some places you might miss the cut off with Step I score but your vast amount of publications and presentations will catch the eye of some places. If you do well on Step II (i.e. 230's or so) then you'll be in good shape.