what to do

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

annushka

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Just a quick question. Basically I'm a pretty clueless MSII who is considering going into derm. My main reason is that I absolutely loved my dermatology class and I actually even recommended a couple of treatments to my friends that helped them! I think I could make a pretty good dermatologist, but...

What do I need to do at this point to become more competitive? Where would it be best to take electives in derm? And any other advice that you would give me at this point...would be really great.

Thanks a bunch!

Members don't see this ad.

Research in Derm at your med school.Get to know faculty who will help you.Contacts are critical.Of course top board scores and grades are important.Go to this site and you will be better informed http://pub50.ezboard.com/bdermatology

You are a NYCOM student, yes??

I would become very good friends with Cindy Hoffman at St. Barnabas.

Good Luck

Members don't see this ad :)
I think that program has closed. Correct me if I am wrong.

That's what I think too. And she is not certain where she will continue the program.

Molly, thanks!
Dr. Hoffman taught our Derm class. And to everyone else--we still have rotations at St. Barnabas--or was it the derm program that closed?

derm program is clos-ing (not taking anyone else)