what to do

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bracehead

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recieve a interview invite last week for middle of january and was wondering if any one thought it was a good idea to call the school and ask if they had an earlier date. I was just afraid that middle of jan is so far away and that alot of seats may get fill up in the next 2 months. So if anyone can tell me if it is wise to ask for an earlier date or not.

Members don't see this ad.

bracehead said:
I recieve a interview invite last week for middle of january and was wondering if any one thought it was a good idea to call the school and ask if they had an earlier date. I was just afraid that middle of jan is so far away and that alot of seats may get fill up in the next 2 months. So if anyone can tell me if it is wise to ask for an earlier date or not.

You better make up a better reason than that to ask them to move it up.

Members don't see this ad :)
dr.z said:
I think one could try.
I'd definitely try. There are plenty of people moving their interview dates back due to unexpected reasons. They can put you in an earlier spot as it opens up. Give them a call. Good luck :luck: .

Doesn't hurt to ask if you get a nice admissions person, maybe if you told us which school someone from that school can give you a better idea. I know the admissions people at UMDNJ are the nicest people in the world and wouldn't mind checking for you. I also know that some admissions people I spoke to at other schools when I was interviewing were nasty.

bracehead said:

Bracehead,

If you come up with a legitimate reason, then they might move you up. But I wouldn't stress TOO much about a mid-January interview date....the interviewing period goes on until April-March for most schools, I think.