What to do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cerberus

Heroic Necromancer
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
You may recall that a couple months ago I posted about having a lump on my neck and an almost constant pain in my neck. Well, I went to my GP and had him look and told him everything that was wrong with it. He told me that the lymph node wasnt enlarged enough to worry about and it was likely that the pain in my neck was related to having bad posture. About two months have passed now and, though I have tried to improve my posture, my neck pain has gotten no less painful - in fact it has gotten worse. The pain is aweful now and I have a hard time doing anything that requires me to have my head bent in any way. Thats not all, I have started experiencing strange tingling sensations on the back of my head. I don't really know what to do. I don't have any health insurance and this problem is really affecting my life. I have trouble studying or even sitting at the computer and I constantly think that it is pobable that I have a metastatic tumor that has spread to my brain. Anyone have any advice????

Members don't see this ad.

Watch out for that internal vertebral venous plexus.

Mycin, didn't you say that you were gone for good? :confused: I see that you can't get enough of SDN too. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Lumps in necks are nothing to mess with. I had one in Highschool and it turned out to be something pretty serious. I'd get a second opinion.

cerebrus i had the exact same thing - same syptoms and all - lated for 5 weeks, with other things going for almost 8 weeks. i was biopsied etc... and it turned out to be nothing, a "reactive hyperplasia" whatever that is. get it checked out but don't worry too much about it.

cerberus, drop in at UT's student health center over by where the dorms are....can't remember the name of the street right now...it is the same one that goes by the work out facilities and such. It is free and every time I went there I felt they provided top notch health care. also, check with them while you are there about health insurance for students...I was enrolled on their plan while I attended UT and it is very cheap and easy to enroll. i think it was about 200 bucks a year or maybe 250...that is incredibly cheap for health insurance.

Get a second opinion... Mongoose's advice sounds good.