What to do...?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rowerpharm

P1
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Get a few Cs in Ochem I, Bio II, and Anatomy... or withdrawl from semester?

Members don't see this ad.

stick to it and retake them if needed ... won't help if you withdraw now because it will show on ur transcripts... do ur best .. good luck

Thanks for your advice.
Does anyone else have any opinions? I'd kind of like to see what a few people say.
I know it might look bad to withdrawl from a semester... but at least it would save my GPA?

Members don't see this ad :)
:thumbup:take it from me, i've went to a couple of interviews in california and been accepted to touro. Drop out and take the W simply because it wont affect your Gpa and your going to take the class over and make sure you get a A. i have a 3.8 with 4 W's on my record. Even the interviewer said he doesnt knowe why students would rather take a C than a W because a C means adverage while a W means withdrawl, which you can explain your scerio while if you try to say the same story with a C it sounds more like an Excuse.:thumbup:

Get a few Cs in Ochem I, Bio II, and Anatomy... or withdrawl from semester?

My economics instructor said: "a W just means that you have enrolled in the class then you make decision not to finish the class"

Do not take 3 Cs....that sucks. Take the W and get As in all those classes next time, As! I just do not understand when people can not get an A the second time around in these prereqs courses.
Bad terms happen, get em next semester!

I guess maybe I forgot to put an important detail... dropping this semester would delay my pharm school application by a year... and I already have LORs and such... should I do it anyway? Thanks for your input!!!

Well it depends, what does the rest of your application look like? Are you sure you can not pull up a couple of these grades with Finals or other assignments, you must be able to pull at least one if not 2 of the grades up before the end. If the rest of your application is awesome then go for it.

Also think why are you doing poorly in these courses....

That is a hard choice, I think I would go for it, I would not want to wait another year if I thought i had a competitive application outside of those grades. Also it depends on where you are applying. Some schools hate to see multiple Cs.