What to do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

[email protected]

nothing here
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a hopeless upcoming junior...

I currently have a 2.28 GPA. I think by the end of this semester, I will have a 2.53 GPA.

By this summer, I need to bring up my GPA to 2.8 to stay in my college. My advisor recommended taking 12 credits this summer to stay on top of the game.

Summer 2010 Schedule
Bio 1 Summer C - 3 credits
Orgo 1 Summer A - 3 credits
2 Electives Summer B - 6 credits

I'm stressed out. This will be my 2nd time taking Bio 1, and I hear Orgo 1 is intense because it is crammed into a 6 week session. I plan on volunteering and shadowing as well. I don't know if I should even take any science classes this summer, or should I just focus on bringing up my GPA? I don't want to fall behind on my science classes. I wasted too much time trying to figure out what to do with my life already. And now, I just hope it's not too late.

Members don't see this ad.

If you NEED straight A's to stay in school, then you should take 12 credits of classes that you KNOW you will get straight A's in.

Art 101
Easy ethics class
Easy sociology class
Easy class

I mean, if you will be kicked out for not having a 2.8? I don't know if you will definitely get an A in Bio I or Organic I. It's just not as guaranteed..then you get kicked out and have to do it all over again.

If you NEED straight A's to stay in school, then you should take 12 credits of classes that you KNOW you will get straight A's in.

Art 101
Easy ethics class
Easy sociology class
Easy class

I mean, if you will be kicked out for not having a 2.8? I don't know if you will definitely get an A in Bio I or Organic I. It's just not as guaranteed..then you get kicked out and have to do it all over again.

I still have Fall 2010 to meet the 2.8 GPA requirement. I just want to play it safe this summer rather than pushing it until Fall.

Thank you for your suggestions!

Bio 1
3 Easy Electives

Do you think this is doable, or should I just get rid of Bio 1 and take 4 really easy electives?