what to gather before matriculation....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dittozip

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
been accepted to a few places and i have some time on my hands and its just easiest to do this now. what sorta documents do i need to gather in preparation to matriculate at school. its still early so schools havnt told me yet, but as current students you probably know what things are common. so far ive heard i need:

1- transcripts
2- proof of CPR training
3- proof of residency

do i need a dean's letter, any other training courses, etc?

Members don't see this ad.

we got CPR training during orientation, regardless of whether or not you had it...so that might not be necessary.

also, transcripts will have to be sent directly to the medical school from your undergraduate school(s) so you can't really get them in advance.

proof of residency you'll definitely need (we had an option of a passport or something else - can't remember what it was since i just used a passport)

wouldn't be a bad idea to get $30-$50k in your checking account too...j/k

for the most part, don't worry about it too much. i know how bad you want to get everything ready because i was the same way...but it's only january, and life is going to get crazy enough at the end of the summer. just enjoy having time on your hands...it won't happen again for a while :D

can you think of anything that was a pain in the butt to get. my firned who went to law school needed a dean's letter and he said it took months to get it. do i need one of those?

Members don't see this ad :)
Get your immunization records in order.

I just went in and said I didn't have them (I don't nor do I knwo where or how to get them-i have been a semi vagabond) so they just jacked me with everything-if nothing else I know I am up to date for next year

Or like me, you had meticulous records, but the school doesn't care what your records show, they care what your titers show. Then the insurance company doesn't pay and you eat an $800 bill for every titer under the sun b/c they are not "medically necessary."

Status
Not open for further replies.