What to include on ERAS?!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rook16

Neophyte
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone provide any insight on what they deem pertinent for inclusion on ERAS. Example, membership in an undergraduate fraternity/sorority. Collegiate athletics, Summer work as an undergrad. Put it in or leave it out? SOUND OFF.

- Word

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone......Bueller?

Anyone......Bueller?

It depends on what specialty you are applying for residency. Each specialty caters to a prototype personality. If you give more information than p53 will be able to give you advice.

I'm putting my undergrad fraternity stuff on there, mostly b/c of the large amount of community service I did through it...otherwise, don't know if it is that pertinent.

It depends on what specialty you are applying for residency. Each specialty caters to a prototype personality. If you give more information than p53 will be able to give you advice.

Anesthesiology?

Anesthesiology?

Include it for Anesthesiology. These guys/gals are laid back and appreciate people with extracurricular activities.

On the other hand, if it was surgery. I would leave it out. These people want someone that is dedicated to the hospital. Work ethic in medical school is their focus.

I appreciate the feedback.

- word