What to know for Step II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

agranulocytosis

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm reading Step Up to Medicine for my IM rotation and it seems as though lots of the information we had to know for Step 1 isn't emphasized here. It's been a while since I sat for Step 1 and lots of the background information has simply vanished.

I'm beginning to want to pick up my FA for Step 1 and RR Path and read those again.

So what's the emphasis for the Step 2? Management and "what-would-you-do-next" type questions?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah step 2 is mainly diagnosis and management. Pick up a FA Step 2 CK and you'll see what's important to know.

Or "Crush Step II"

It's less esoteric stuff than Step I

I thought it was similar to shelf exams...like they pulled a few questions from IM shelf, Surgery, Pedi, OB, etc...

Is there any way to pull old shelf exams, like the ones you took, and see what you got wrong? I'm doubting there is, but it would be soooo helpful! I did poorly on certain shelf exams and have no idea why!! Looking at my exams would probably raise my future Step II score more than anything else.