What to learn at a dental lab

Started by pine88
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pine88

Warning:
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,
I'm interning at a dental lab and I'm wondering what I should try and learn while I'm there. I've learned how to make and prep models, and right now I'm working on waxing teeth. I've got about 1 more month until I leave for school (I only go to the lab about 10 hrs a week though). Any advice on what to spend my time on?
 
You'll do well if you concentrate on waxing crowns and/or setting denture teeth. Wax-ups are one of the first things you'll have to do in dental school lab, and setting denture teeth properly gives some people fits.