Originally posted by cg1155
3 years of German has carved it into my brain.
All the psych classes for me...
Anyway, I started out making lists of pros and cons, but towards the middle I realized that no matter how detailed the list was, no amount of pros could make me forget the bad vibe I got at some places. So I stuck with gestalt. Here's the things I looked for.
1) Gut feeling (hey, isn't this gestalt?)
2) Did the residents seem HONESTLY happy?
3) Location & cost of living
4) Schedules for off-cervix rotations, and shifts/month
5) Research Opportunities. I'm no academic, but I'd rather have fun research than "the epidemiology of river otter attacks in a small community." Wait, that would be fun.
6) Strength with US, Tox, Sim, and the use of tech in the ED...
7) Did they pay for my hotel AND buy me beer the night before the interview?