What to say?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

openstage

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's say you are on a WL for a school that publishes very little info ( no tiers, ranking, real time numbers on a portal).
If you were to call Admissions to inquire about your status / WL movement / the class being full etc, what would you say? What are the basic things you could ask to gauge whether to hang on, or move on with another school or a reapply?

What is a basic script you might say to someone on the phone? Or is this all futile at this point?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, my name is openstage and I'm on the WL for your school. As it is june and I am finalizing plans, I was wondering if you could provide me with any info on WL movement?

They will probably give you some vague non-answer tho.

I can almost guarantee it will be something along the lines of "we are pretty much full at this point, but there are still some people who hasn't CTE yet, so theres still hope until classes start and when/if ppl drop we evaluate the list of WL applicants so i can't tell you anything about your specific position" lololol

Reactions: 1 users
It's like a fortune cookie. The adcoms can't predict who will drop and who won't, so they have to say something that doesn't really give you a direct answer. :shrug: