what to wear to an interview

Started by krnkid7
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

krnkid7

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

Is wearing a suit to an interview a must? Would slacks and a tie be okay?
 
I suppose it is up to you…but by far the majority of interviewees that I see around campus are wearing suits (at least 75% IMHO). I would say that looking professional at your interview is important. I can’t imagine that you would “loose points” for not wearing a suit, but wearing one certainly will not work against you.
 
Everyone that interviewed on my day was wearing a suit.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
stevec said:
Everyone that interviewed on my day was wearing a suit.

One one of my interviews one of the guys wore a sweater....I didn't think that was very professional. All of the men from admissions wear suits, so I think it's a good idea to wear one as well.
 
I would definitely advise you to wear a suit. Don't give your competitors an edge if it can be avoided. Look as professional as possible. A navy suit with a red tie is always safe.