SaraL124

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2005
Status
I have my first interview tomorrow afternoon at Temple University. I was planning to wear a black suit, but someone else told me not to look so "professional" and that I'd look too much like a banker in a suit. She suggested a sweater set and a skirt?

I'm inclined to go with the suit, but what do you all think?

thanks,
Sara

sunny22

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 30, 2004
Status
SaraL124 said:
I have my first interview tomorrow afternoon at Temple University. I was planning to wear a black suit, but someone else told me not to look so "professional" and that I'd look too much like a banker in a suit. She suggested a sweater set and a skirt?

I'm inclined to go with the suit, but what do you all think?

thanks,
Sara

I had the same concern, but the woman I work for (a clinical psychologist) sat down all her mentees and told us to wear either a black or blue suit. There might be others dressed there, less formally, but she said that you want to present the image of a "junior professional". She had a lot of thoughts on this topic, but definitely some sort of dark business suit. Hope this helps!

sunny :thumbup:

SaraL124

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2005
Status
sunny22 said:
I had the same concern, but the woman I work for (a clinical psychologist) sat down all her mentees and told us to wear either a black or blue suit. There might be others dressed there, less formally, but she said that you want to present the image of a "junior professional". She had a lot of thoughts on this topic, but definitely some sort of dark business suit. Hope this helps!

sunny :thumbup:

Thanks!

About the Ads

SaraL124

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2005
Status
So, I wore a black suit and it was totally appropriate. Everyone else was dressed the same. I'm definitely going the suit route for my other interviews too!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads