What to wear?

Started by SLilaT
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SLilaT

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone, I need help for an outfit. I know this isn't a fashion forum or anything like, but I have a interview for a pre-veterinary student summer program in a few days. It is a volunteer position. I wanted to know what is appropriate for this interview. Any advice? -Thanks🙂
 
I think for any sort of interview-type event you should wear something business casual. This would include dress slacks/pants, or a skirt or dress. No jeans.

If this "interview" is something like a working interview, you might wear scrubs and tennis shoes. But if it is just a face to face contact "conference room"-esque situation, use your best judgement and wear some dress pants or a skirt. Cover your shoulders as well.
 
For those informal-type interviews, I usually just stick with khakis and a sweater, or something of the sort. Depending on who is interviewing you, you might be better off with dressier clothes, but I would have felt really silly walking into my zoo internship interview with anything resembling business clothing.