What type of Problems are on the Connecticut Calculations exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

crimson1566

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm taking the exam on the 25th of this month and they didn't tell me what types of problems are on it. When i talked to a lady she said common sense stuff like compounding. What's considered common sense stuff? When i was in my residencies my preceptor said that she got a problem wrong on this exam cause she didn't remember the dosing for a child for the drug dilantin. I don't find dilantin dosing common sense since if i need to know it i look it up. Do i need to memorize certain drug doses? What type of math besides compounding is involved, tpn? I have no info. Can anyone who's taken it just tell me what type of questions were on it since they won't tell me what i need to study?
 
I would be interested in this info too, b/c i'm moving to CT in the spring.
Also, is it true they only offer this exam twice a year?

crimson1566, do you have any info about the "Contemporary Pharmacy Practice" exam that I read about on the CT Commission of Pharmacy website?