What undergraduate program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

helloeveryone

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm new here so i hope i'm not asking repetitive questions!

I am currently at grade 12 and I will soon have to start my application process. My ultimate goal is to enter pharmacy school after 2 years of undergrad (not sure whether that's realistic or not :confused:). The problem is that I am not sure which program (or major) is the best in terms of preparing me for the pharmacy school !!?!

In general, is it better to go to a smaller university (e.g. Guelph) and get a good gpa or go to a "big name school" such as uoft or mcgill?

Finally which of the following universities would you recommend for doing an undergrad in sciences (keeping in mind that i need to get a good gpa)?!?

1. uoft
2. Guelph
3. Western
4. Queen's
5. McGill
6. Waterloo
7. UOIT
8. York

Oh and btw which pharmacy school has a better program: uoft or waterloo? and what kind of gpa is needed to enter the program?

I would HIGHLY appreciate any advise since i want to make the right decision about my education! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
common someone has to have some experience to share !!!:rolleyes: ;)

Which province do you currently live in? That would be the best place to start as in-province tuition is usually cheapest.

Neither the degree nor the uni matter as long as you get your pre-req's in. Aim to get the highest GPA possible.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am currently an Ontario residence.

So you guys think that the level of academic challenge is the same for all these universities? There is no one university where it is easier to get a higher gpa (considering that i'll put the same amount of effort in studying no matter where i go)?