You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
What was the biggest shock when you became a pharmacist?
Started by ArtificallyFlavored
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
The first paycheck
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
how easy people think your job is
exactly how many people aren't capable of finding the toilet paper without my expertise.
I love counseling and giving OTC recommendations to patients (it's what I enjoy doing the most in retail pharmacy). But any questions regarding front end merchandise (that isn't OTC), I just tag a clerk or tech to take over immediately.
I work for Wal-mart and people ask the location of the most random items..thinking they would be in our department
I work for Wal-mart and people ask the location of the most random items..thinking they would be in our department
Include how prepared you thought you were vs. reality once you became RPH.
If you could receive the same salary, would you rather work as a pharmacist or go back to being an intern?
Same salary? Easily go back to being an intern and not having that extra liability.
If you could receive the same salary, would you rather work as a pharmacist or go back to being an intern?[/QUOTE]
Better question: if you could make the same salary how many of you would actually still practice pharmacy? If a gardener, or walmart greeter paid the same as what you are making now? Cvs pharms please dont answer this since I know you love your jobs... 3 pharmacy calls, 4 pharmacy calls, 2 doctor calls.....
Better question: if you could make the same salary how many of you would actually still practice pharmacy? If a gardener, or walmart greeter paid the same as what you are making now? Cvs pharms please dont answer this since I know you love your jobs... 3 pharmacy calls, 4 pharmacy calls, 2 doctor calls.....
Id be a walmat greater for the same pay and benefits. Gardner probably though I hate gardening
If I could get a 6 figure income to be slumped over in a chair for 20 hours/week, yeah, that does sound kind of appealing. Gardener, it would depend what type of garden. If it's just some flowers and some small veggies, like at a nursery, yeah that's fine. If we're talking more similar to farming, where there's a giant field of corn I have to manage, I don't think I'd go for that.Better question: if you could make the same salary how many of you would actually still practice pharmacy? If a gardener, or walmart greeter paid the same as what you are making now? Cvs pharms please dont answer this since I know you love your jobs... 3 pharmacy calls, 4 pharmacy calls, 2 doctor calls.....
Being a pharmacist is fine. The biggest shock for me has been being out of work. I would never gone to pharmacy school if I would have known how bad the job market was. I'm broke, and I doubt I'll ever be a pharmacist again.
Better question: if you could make the same salary how many of you would actually still practice pharmacy? If a gardener, or walmart greeter paid the same as what you are making now? Cvs pharms please dont answer this since I know you love your jobs... 3 pharmacy calls, 4 pharmacy calls, 2 doctor calls.....
If I could make the same salary being a gardener I would switch in a minute.
"Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about about mission statements." - Office Space
How much better it was being an intern.
How much better it was being an intern.
Pretty awesome. Work like 8 hours a week, smoke hookah and party the rest of the time.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Better question: if you could make the same salary how many of you would actually still practice pharmacy? If a gardener, or walmart greeter paid the same as what you are making now? Cvs pharms please dont answer this since I know you love your jobs... 3 pharmacy calls, 4 pharmacy calls, 2 doctor calls.....
Can I be a high school baseball/football coach or a personal trainer at a gym instead of a gardener?
I should have been a physical therapist. I was gonna apply for it but then my mom talked me out of it with some bull**** about having to feel dirty smelly feet all day.
I could be giving massages to hot chicks right now and getting paid for it.
Grass is greener I suppose, you could spin an rph gig as "giving birth control to babes." As you've no doubt noticed, most of them aren't babes at all. It's the same pitfall for gyno.Can I be a high school baseball/football coach or a personal trainer at a gym instead of a gardener?
I should have been a physical therapist. I was gonna apply for it but then my mom talked me out of it with some bullcrap about having to feel dirty smelly feet all day.
I could be giving massages to hot chicks right now and getting paid for it.
Can I be a high school baseball/football coach or a personal trainer at a gym instead of a gardener?
I should have been a physical therapist. I was gonna apply for it but then my mom talked me out of it with some bullcrap about having to feel dirty smelly feet all day.
I could be giving massages to hot chicks right now and getting paid for it.
gynecologists work with hot babes all of the time too!
gynecologists work with hot babes all of the time too!
Not interested in things that have babies actively growing inside them.
Sparda29! you always make me laugh lol I got food residue (my ramen noodles) on my computer screen from laughing too hard ..Not interested in things that have babies actively growing inside them.

Where did you graduate from?Being a pharmacist is fine. The biggest shock for me has been being out of work. I would never gone to pharmacy school if I would have known how bad the job market was. I'm broke, and I doubt I'll ever be a pharmacist again.
I actually had to answer questions rather than ask questions.
I was on my own and had no crutch. Best thing that ever happened to me. Allowed me to stand on my own 2 feet!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 549
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 43
- Views
- 21K