what were the hardest questions on your DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DesiDentist

G. S. Khurana, DMD, MBA
Moderator Emeritus
Vendor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who have taken your DAT or those who are already in dental school but have nightmares from time to time. Vent on this thread about the hardest questions on the DAT you encountered. I know that new questions come out every DAT but if might help us who are trying to find some peace. Thanks.

DesiDentist

Members don't see this ad.

For me the PAT was the worst section. I practiced for months but made no progress. I'm good at spacial perception if I have a 3-d object in my hand but not on paper. Good thing the schools where I interviewed didn't place emphasis on it.
The time limit makes it 10X harder than when you do Kaplan practice tests.

The General Chem. and O-Chem sections are cake if you've done the Kaplan problems. There were a few questions in the bio section that I hadn't reviewed...had to do with diseases/bacterial infections...mostly microbiology stuff. Some of the names of the organisms (Genus,species) I hadn't seen in any review book but that was only 2/3 questions.

Reading comprehension induced a little anxiety b/c time was running out and I kept skipping from question to the passage and then trying to re-read the passage, looking at time left. etc.
I coudn't concentrate after a while b/c of the time limit but I ended up getting something like 22/23 on that section.

memorize detail in the bio section, worry about solving problems in the gen.chem. section, and understand concepts for the o-chem part and you'll be fine.

thanks a whole bunch nycdoc. It really helps all of us who are trying to prepare the dat when we see people who been through it and did great. congrats.

Keep the posts coming,

DesiDentist :)

Quantitative Reasoning was the worst part in my DAT, I hated it so much. And thanks god it is all over, I have been accepted and will be leaving after 10 days to TN.
I wish you all the best and I hope you will be succesful in taking your DAT and hopefully you will get into some dental school.