-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
What would be the impact on physicians if Obamacare is repealed?
Started by Fried Plantaris
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would imagine reimbursements increase. Also, if I am not mistaken, Physician employment under Hospitals might come to an end too. The legislation really worked favorably for hospitals, and was hard on private practices by increasing overhead. Without the focus on the metrics, ACOs and pro-integration aspect, hospitals may not find it profitable to create Physician Groups. Couple that with Trump's transparent pricing plus CMS killing off facility fees for site neutral payment, that could really tilt the tables.
Last edited:
The ACA has almost nothing to do with either of thosePhysicians would be able to practice without the financially burdensome EHR system and Medicare guidelines that are designed to control costs.
Physician reimbursements are facing massive cuts by CMS from the current administration, I don’t understand how getting rid of ACA will change that.
The ACA did work out well for large hospital systems. I’m not a fan of physicians being employees but I’m not sure that getting rid of the ACA will turn that boat around.
The ACA did work out well for large hospital systems. I’m not a fan of physicians being employees but I’m not sure that getting rid of the ACA will turn that boat around.
It will likely lead to more cash payments rather than billing insurance. That's the biggest thing I see ahead.I guess first ACB has to get confirmed, but if she does what is the risk to Obamacare? Would that lead to higher physician reimbursements? What are the other consequences that may result?
More cash payments change the supply/demand curve and will force the invisible hand to price reimbursements for txs/procedures higher and higher over time.
So vote Republican 😀
The ACA was very well-intentioned but became a huge mess. I feel like it is costing us way, way, way too much money to keep it going. It's time to cut out the red tape and let people decide for themselves if they want to invest in their health.Physician reimbursements are facing massive cuts by CMS from the current administration, I don’t understand how getting rid of ACA will change that.
The ACA did work out well for large hospital systems. I’m not a fan of physicians being employees but I’m not sure that getting rid of the ACA will turn that boat around.
It would be nice to see some actual numbers to support this claim that getting rid of ACA would increase reimbursements. I didn’t notice any change in reimbursement after ACA was passed and I doubt I’ll notice a change if they get rid of it - just maybe more uninsured patients at the hospital’s ER. There was no drop in physician incomes after the passing of the ACA.
Do you have data to support this?It would be nice to see some actual numbers to support this claim that getting rid of ACA would increase reimbursements. I didn’t notice any change in reimbursement after ACA was passed and I doubt I’ll notice a change if they get rid of it - just maybe more uninsured patients at the hospital’s ER. There was no drop in physician incomes after the passing of the ACA.
Here’s a random report I found on the web by a healthcare consulting company showing that physicians salaries have actually increased. You can also look at mgma data, etc
www.advisory.com
The highest- and lowest-paid doctors, in 5 charts
There's no question that physicians are among America's highest-paid workers: The typical U.S. physician earned $299,000 last year—about five times more than the median U.S. household income. But that high average salary conceals a great deal of variation. So why do some doctors get paid two or...
This one is more specific to the ACA. Again showing an increase in physician salary post ACA
www.healio.com
PCP compensation increased after ACA
The Affordable Care Act did not lower primary care physician or specialist compensation as previously feared, according to research published in JAMA Network Open.
Well, in fact, all salaries have increased. It's called inflation.Here’s a random report I found on the web by a healthcare consulting company showing that physicians salaries have actually increased. You can also look at mgma data, etc
The highest- and lowest-paid doctors, in 5 charts
There's no question that physicians are among America's highest-paid workers: The typical U.S. physician earned $299,000 last year—about five times more than the median U.S. household income. But that high average salary conceals a great deal of variation. So why do some doctors get paid two or...www.advisory.com
I would gladly take a small paycut in terms of my annual income if it means an end to the BS with "metrics," allowing physicians to own hospitals again, ending biased legislation toward hospital consolidation, increased overhead, ACOs, and promoting policies that help foster more independent private practices. Right now, as it stands, this bill works to kill independent practices and reward large groups/hospitals/consolidated corporate care.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 719
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 1K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 573
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 532