Ari1584

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2007
Status
  1. Medical Student
So my advisor sent in my professor letters as a packet, so i cannot pick and chose which schools i want which letters to go to. This is completely fine bc i wanted to send in ALL the letters to all schools. The ONLY problem is that in this packet, she included a letter I had from an English professor that he wrote for me two years ago. It is not even really a letter. It was a sheet with questions on it from my university and he just answered the questions on the page. I am worried that this letter is not strong and looks sort of sloppy and might be looked at as unprofessional by the schools.

My question for you guys is...Should i wait until aug 7th when she comes back from vacation and as her to RE-SEND all the letters as individual letters and not include that one english letter, or should i just not worry about it, and send it in the way it is now WITH that english letter. What do you guys think? I mean, i have to wait anyway for my committee letter on august 7th, but i was thinking i would send some letters in now. Especially to medical college of WI since there is no secondary. What would you all do? thanks!

oh and another quick question-- i have already gotten some secondaries, but have not returned them yet bc im waiting on the committee letter. Should i submit them now anyway without the letter and just add it when it comes, or should i wait till i get the committee letter?

Wheee

i'm in!
May 27, 2009
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Should i submit them now anyway without the letter and just add it when it comes, or should i wait till i get the committee letter?

that's what I'm doing. Is it the best option? Idk, but I'm doing it anyway. I'm a little worried that they won't know when to look for my letters, but I assume they have some sort of automated thing that moves my app to the "complete" pile.

Don't worry about the weird letter though. In a packet of however many letters, it's unlikely to make a huge impact. They'll probably understand that it's not your typical letter, plus i think they want to look at LETTERS, not checklist thingies so they may just throw that one out.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads