What would you do about this LOR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ari1584

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my advisor sent in my professor letters as a packet, so i cannot pick and chose which schools i want which letters to go to. This is completely fine bc i wanted to send in ALL the letters to all schools. The ONLY problem is that in this packet, she included a letter I had from an English professor that he wrote for me two years ago. It is not even really a letter. It was a sheet with questions on it from my university and he just answered the questions on the page. I am worried that this letter is not strong and looks sort of sloppy and might be looked at as unprofessional by the schools.

My question for you guys is...Should i wait until aug 7th when she comes back from vacation and as her to RE-SEND all the letters as individual letters and not include that one english letter, or should i just not worry about it, and send it in the way it is now WITH that english letter. What do you guys think? I mean, i have to wait anyway for my committee letter on august 7th, but i was thinking i would send some letters in now. Especially to medical college of WI since there is no secondary. What would you all do? thanks!

oh and another quick question-- i have already gotten some secondaries, but have not returned them yet bc im waiting on the committee letter. Should i submit them now anyway without the letter and just add it when it comes, or should i wait till i get the committee letter?

Members don't see this ad.

Should i submit them now anyway without the letter and just add it when it comes, or should i wait till i get the committee letter?

that's what I'm doing. Is it the best option? Idk, but I'm doing it anyway. I'm a little worried that they won't know when to look for my letters, but I assume they have some sort of automated thing that moves my app to the "complete" pile.

Don't worry about the weird letter though. In a packet of however many letters, it's unlikely to make a huge impact. They'll probably understand that it's not your typical letter, plus i think they want to look at LETTERS, not checklist thingies so they may just throw that one out.