what would you do if....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pearly Pearl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
.....you got into UMich and WesternU????

I'm a California resident who would like to practice in California. I've only gotten into WesternU from Cali and as we all know, this school is not yet accredited yet. The facilities are also weak compared to UMich. However, they have a great faculty lined up (love the dean). I've also heard that attending California schools in an advantage with respect to the state board.

I really loved how well organized and established Michigan is. Ann Arbor is very diverse and the whole "midwestern polite" stereotype is very true. What makes me like uMich even more is the fact that they offered me a scholarship that reduces my tuition to that of a resident.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
UMich.........especially since you have a scholarship. That's an easy decision.

Michigan of course. Scholarship, better facilities, great atmosphere and plus you can go watch Wolverine football games. The Big House is one of the best and most respected stadiums in all of college football. I'd go to school there for that experience alone.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a bit confused as you said "I've only gotten into WesternU" and you also said you were offered a scholarship from UMich

Yea, I've only gotten into WesternU in Cali. Overall, I got into NYU, Temple, UMich, and WesternU. Also, UMich offered me a scholarship in the amount of 15K for each of the 4 years. It pretty much reduced my tuition from the non-resident to resident numbers...

sorry for the confusion.

Yea, I've only gotten into WesternU in Cali. Overall, I got into NYU, Temple, UMich, and WesternU. Also, UMich offered me a scholarship in the amount of 15K for each of the 4 years. It pretty much reduced my tuition from the non-resident to resident numbers...

sorry for the confusion.

Congrats on the scholarship but I doubt that it will be made available to you for all four years unless you perform well in dental school. For example, my scholarship can be renewed each year granted I have maintained a certain GPA.

Last edited:
Ouch that would not be fun DROCKINDAHOUSE to keep a certain GPA in dental school

Pearly Pearl I might suggest going to school where you want to practice, the connections you will make with the people as they will probably stay in the area will be very helpful. Also you noted how you liked the dean, thats important

Last edited:
Ouch that would not be fun DROCKINDAHOUSE, I might suggest going to school where you want to practice, the connections you will make with the people as they will probably stay in the area will be very helpful. Also you noted how you liked the dean, thats important

Lol hey bro it was the other person who was considering the two schools. I was talking about scholarships.

I know, I guess I didnt make it clear I moved onto another point, It would not be fun to have to maintain a certain GPA in D school for your scholarship. ill edit my post