What would you do?

Started by sarahjth
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sarahjth

PharmD Wannabe!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am stressing myself out over every little thing now. I want to be a pharmacist but like everything else.. it is a challenge. I am in my second year of pre-pharmacy and will be taking three years so I have time to adjust to PCAT/applications/etc. Anyway, I really have the desire to be a pharmacist but my GPA is less than perfect. I have received A's and B's in my Chem/Bio classes.. but the classes that killed my GPA are English and Macroeconomics. I also received a C in my first Biology class. So the C count is around 3... I wish I could start over but do you think that schools will look down on me (yes, I know other people have asked this question) if I retake these classes at the university or a community college? Because right now my GPA is around a 3.0 and I am sick of worrying about if I will get in or not. Please help and thank you for your time.
 
Just try to keep your science grades up. I don't think a C in English or Economics is that big of a deal.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My science gpa was around a 4.0/5 and I got accepted at MWU in IL and also waitlisted at UIC (which I was surprised I even got an interview!). I finished a bachelors in psychology which pulled my cumulative up to a 4.5. I don't know how much taking classes over will help you since they usually just average the two grades anyway. However if you did I think it would show them that you were really dedicated. My guidance counselors always told me to only retake anything with a D or lower. GPA isn't everything though. You should aim for a really good PCAT score and buff up your list of extracurricular activites.
 
😳 Thanks for the encouragement.. I am getting knots in my stomach thinking about it. I really want to be a pharmacist... but I also need to put it into gear!
 
crossurfingers said:
My science gpa was around a 4.0/5 and I got accepted at MWU in IL and also waitlisted at UIC (which I was surprised I even got an interview!). I finished a bachelors in psychology which pulled my cumulative up to a 4.5. I don't know how much taking classes over will help you since they usually just average the two grades anyway. However if you did I think it would show them that you were really dedicated. My guidance counselors always told me to only retake anything with a D or lower. GPA isn't everything though. You should aim for a really good PCAT score and buff up your list of extracurricular activites.
What GPA scale did your undergrad use? I've never heard of a 5.0 before. Just curious 🙂
 
Get a gun, any gun that is now available because the gun law wasn't passed recently, and go visit your local dean of the pharmacy school you want to go to. Give him/her some advice about how people should get into school! :meanie:
 
Caverject said:
Get a gun, any gun that is now available because the gun law wasn't passed recently, and go visit your local dean of the pharmacy school you want to go to. Give him/her some advice about how people should get into school! :meanie:


How about this one?
supersoaker.jpg
😀