What would you do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentrx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What would you do?

Apply in June with a 3.4 oGPA and 3.17 sGPA or take a chem class in summer school get an A and apply with a 3.24 sGPA first week of August?

DAT 23 RC
22 QR
22 GC
22 PAT
18 BIO
17 OC
20 AA
19 TS

Also Div 1 athlete 4 years. All Conference twice. All academic team twice. Business major.

Members don't see this ad.

one A will bring your GPA up that much?!?!?! If it was me I would apply early as possible

Yes it does. Since I majored in business my science GPA doesnt include that many classes.

Members don't see this ad :)
if it's ochem i might say do it because of your 17, but doesn't seem worth it to me if its gchem. 0.07 increase isn't that big a deal, and it's all based on the assumption that you'll get an A. What if you get a B? I'd retake the DAT if you're looking for that edge. You're right there too, just get better at ochem and bio and you'd have a 21 or 22. good luck

Where did you want to go to school?

I would apply early. Even though your gpa would be higher if I applied in August, its not that different from 3.17

It doesn't make a difference since both are pretty low. I'd say apply early with original GPA
Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

I probably will apply early. If I dont get in this cycle I will most likely retake dat hoping for 21-22.