**What's ALLOWED on the DAT?**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Overbite

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can you bring/use the following?

1. Calculator (if yes, what kind?)
2. Scrap paper?

Members don't see this ad.

Overbite said:
Can you bring/use the following?

1. Calculator (if yes, what kind?)
2. Scrap paper?

You can't bring anything with you into the testing center. They will provide you with scratch paper and pencils! Sorry no calculator is allowed!

Lostinbul said:
You can't bring anything with you into the testing center. They will provide you with scratch paper and pencils! Sorry no calculator is allowed!

can u bring coffee??

When I went you could take absolutely nothing in with you. They made me empty my pockets and put it all in a locker. They give you paper and pencils.

Members don't see this ad :)
They allow YOU and YOUR ID to enter the computer room.

They give you pencils and paper and a locker to put all your stuff.

ABSOLUTLY NO calculators.

they give u a locker, u can place ur personal belongings and snacks in there. u can only take eat/drink during breaks. i brought a powerbar and a bottle of water. so if u want to risk coffee being spilled in the locker, be my guest.

they will allow me to bring laptop, cell phone, and all my university professors to the test center. and my goal is to use unlimited life lines .loooooooooool

food4thots said:
they give u a locker, u can place ur personal belongings and snacks in there. u can only take eat/drink during breaks. i brought a powerbar and a bottle of water. so if u want to risk coffee being spilled in the locker, be my guest.

That's exactly what I did too.

food4thots said:
did they let u bring watches in?

The testing center that I took the exam at asked me to take my watch off and tie my hair up too (I have long hair). I guess they thought I'd hide something in my hair or under the face of my watch? But yeah... they were pretty strict. I know some places aren't as bad~

yea, i agree that they're pretty strict. they didn't even allow me to bring my lucky pencil that i've had for several years :(