What's going on HELP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Naz815

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took my DAT's in Aug. got a [TS 21/AA 20/PAT 17] have a 3.5 undergrad GPA and am finishing my masters in Microbio in the Spring of 09. Meanwhile, working as a dental assistant...and YET have managed to get denied from Indiana, Kentucky, Midwestern, and NOVA...can someone tell me what's going on...I'm soooo scared and UPSET

Any suggestions???

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
your stats look good to me. When did you submit your AADSAS?

Is your science gpa also 3.5?

However, it's still early in the game, so don't count out yet. How many schools did you apply?

Hey,
I submitted AADSAS early august (8/8/08)...I have a 3.3 science in undergrad and over 3.5 in grad. I applied to 15 (yeh i know A LOT) so 4 down 11 to go, hopefully they will be BETTER outcomes really gunning for VCU...but at this point I'm open for anything...thanx for the encouragement

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,
I submitted AADSAS early august (8/8/08)...I have a 3.3 science in undergrad and over 3.5 in grad. I applied to 15 (yeh i know A LOT) so 4 down 11 to go, hopefully they will be BETTER outcomes really gunning for VCU...but at this point I'm open for anything...thanx for the encouragement

Hi,

I might be wrong, but don't most Grad students achieve a 4.0...
Maybe that's holding you back??? I don't know.. IMO only.

maybe you said something in your personal statement they didn't like? I can only comment on NOVA, which I know for sure made cuts based on GPA.

Hi,

naw, grad school is harder than undergrad...it's just that the people doing grad school on SDN are really focused because they NEED to get a 4.0 because of a low undergrad GPA to show dental schools they can be successful in high level classes

naw, grad school is harder than undergrad...it's just that the people doing grad school on SDN are really focused because they NEED to get a 4.0 because of a low undergrad GPA to show dental schools they can be successful in high level classes
Yes, its harder per se but the professors don't bell curve those classes.

Really? I heard most grad students finish with a 4.0...in fact my university cuts you if you fall below a 3.7 gpa in grad school....never heard of a 3.5 before in grad school.

well...considering I only completed 2 grad courses from the summer, and have 15 credits this semester...(All A's so far) I really don't have a definitive grad school GPA...so its kinda different for me...but yeh I guess NOVA just didn't like me...i did say i was persian in my personal statement so who knows...lol hopefully that wasn't the deal breaker

I JUST WANT TO GET IN!!!

p.s. my Grad. professors DON'T curve <ugh>

well...considering I only completed 2 grad courses from the summer, and have 15 credits this semester...(All A's so far) I really don't have a definitive grad school GPA...so its kinda different for me...but yeh I guess NOVA just didn't like me...i did say i was persian in my personal statement so who knows...lol hopefully that wasn't the deal breaker

I JUST WANT TO GET IN!!!

p.s. my Grad. professors DON'T curve <ugh>

LOL.. you said you were persian??

I said I was "Eye-Ranian" thought they would like the eye portion.. Physiology, you know?? :laugh:

But yeah, with NOVA, you never know...

I am persian , like the cat ...........meow. I think Nova likes persians I know a lot that go there. Actually i think you can find persians pretty much at every school so i dont think thats holding you back.

I am persian , like the cat ...........meow. I think Nova likes persians I know a lot that go there. Actually i think you can find persians pretty much at every school so i dont think thats holding you back.

we everywhere... LIKE soosks. and we all have shoombools made of talla unline others, theirs are Aab-talla...

lmao...yeh well...i know of persians that go there too...but they just didn't like this persian...o well... hopefully ill get in SOMEWHERE...this persian needs to find a school fast

any luck on your interviews??
nice job on the EYE-ranian...ttys!!
.....meow

:laugh::laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
we everywhere... LIKE soosks. and we all have shoombools made of talla unline others, theirs are Aab-talla...

+1 heres another Persian hah. I like your artwork under your name. I've actually talked to that guy on that phone because I wanted to buy some of his stuff... BA2K

So...I SHOULD STILL BE HOPEFUL RIGHT???

:confused::confused:

Naz. You'll be fine man. Try to take it easy because you've worked so hard. Sometimes when I think about how nerve racking this whole experence is I try to picture myself as a D-2 who looks back at the whole process and just laugh it off to start studying for boards. Just remember once you're in your in. Good luck to you!

like soosks ha ha. yeah man shoombol tallahness is embedded in our DNA unless ofcourse if you were born in Qhazvin then i feel sorry for that guy lol. Back to your question Naz yeah dont worry your golden :) You should get interviews with your stats. Faghad interview gerefti ye Naz biya cheshmak bezan :) ......meow

dont take this the wrong way op, but it seems like there are a ton of persians that apply in each cycle, and their stats in general are insane. i just got back from a mission with a few persian dental students and they wer eboth near 4.0's with 22/23 dat. i know this is purely anecdotal, but still even on sdn it seems to be the norm.

also, i wouldnt say that your app was in early. early is minimum early july. not august.

regardless, i think you got a pretty darn good shot with those stats. what other programs did you apply to?

To the OP, where did you go to undegrad and grad school?

Thanx guys i needed that boost of confidence!!
for my persians tank u bery bery maach jigars:p

to roller question...undergrad and grad at University of South Florida :)

talk to u guys SOON!! <hopefully under better circumstances>

...meow:rolleyes:

Ahhh a fellow Bull! Dude who the hell should I take for BIOchem! I heard it's crazy with Grossman! Anything will help man.

Oh yeah. In a grad program at USF- if it's in Bio a 3.5 is great. The whole bio department is insane. Even for undergrad a 3.5 at USF is a decent GPA for a bio degree. I'm not saying USF is the greatest school in the state but I think that their bio staff trys to weed out everyone they can.

Last edited:
haha...yeh tell me about it...my fresh. yr i had Eilers...i just about DIED...ugh...but for biochem...i took it with Verdel, i don't think shes teaching anymore Grossman sux but Weinzeral is MUCH MUCH worse...if u end up taking it with Grossman invest in a recorder b/c he nit-pick with the details...hope it helps!

pm me if u have n e other ?'s:)

Hi,

Hey I thin the only reason people on here think that is b/c the only people reporting their grad GPAs are the ones who did really well - and I mean think of all the people who don't even use SDN. I also think it depends on the program and the school just like the undergrad!

There are a lot of persians at Pitt, you should apply there :)

about 4 per year, fully 5% of the class

Somehow this thread got hijacked into a persian thread =P you guys seriously do have some influence!

Apply to UoP...university of persians according to someone on these boards.

Somehow this thread got hijacked into a persian thread =P you guys seriously do have some influence!

Apply to UoP...university of persians according to someone on these boards.

it's okay man. we iz cool.
i wouldnt use the word hijacked though. i would instead use "Persystematically taken over"...

Thanks for noticing the influence, ey!!!! :thumbup:

NAZ815 ... maybe you got rejected because you applied too late.

Last edited: