What's More Important?

Started by Gopher1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Gopher1

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Cumulative GPA, Prereq GPA, GRE Score, and PT Volunteer/Observational Experience

Which are the most important? If you could have great stats in 2 categories and average stats in the rest, what would it be?
 
Cumulative GPA, Prereq GPA, GRE Score, and PT Volunteer/Observational Experience

Which are the most important? If you could have great stats in 2 categories and average stats in the rest, what would it be?

Mmm... If average meaning "average acceptance" for the school.. I would say prerequisite and volunteer.
 
I think its hard to make a blanket statement about this as it varies from program to program. I applied to a local, in-state program that bases acceptances and rejections completely on pre-req GPA and GRE scores (they told me this) and was rejected. However, I applied to the #1 program in the country and was accepted as they look more at the overall resume of the candidate. If I had to pick the 2 most important categories (to the school, that is) I'd say pre-req GPA and experience.