What’s on the MCAT Exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Belle Melodie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
So there's that file on the AAMC website thats titled "What’s on the MCAT Exam?"
I saw a member ask about Projectile Motion and someone pointed out that its not listed on the topics to study from (https://students-residents.aamc.org/applying-medical-school/article/whats-mcat-exam/)

Is it safe to say that if its not on that list of topics we can avoid studying it? (sorry if this is such an obvious question)
Also, I hear that we can use scratch paper on the exam? Would we only write formulas on this piece of paper? What would be allowed?

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Study it. Some specific topics aren't listed, but it still falls under the broad umbrella of "Translational motion and Newtonian forces." It's been in my Uworld prep and in TBR. People have also mentioned it's been on the new MCAT on Reddit. You would be doing yourself a disservice by not learning it.

Yes, you get scratch paper. Some use their 10mins of time at the start during the "showcase" (For lack of a better word, where it teaches you how to use the program) to jot down formulas. Provided by them, of course.

Reactions: 1 user