What's taking so long?!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Micah6:8

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My appilcation still has not been mailed to the schools. I submitted 5/29, all transcripts were in 6/16. My GPA was finally calculated 7/9 and I received an e-mail from AACOMAS saying my application would go out at the end of this week; it did not. Has anyone else experienced the same hold up? I am getting frustrated because I did apply early and I know that some have already received their secondaries. How much should I bug AACOMAS? I am afraid of causing further delays.
Thanks for any feedback.

Members don't see this ad.

definitely call AACOMAS on Monday but I am sure your selected schools are receiving your info now. Reassurance does not count for much in the application process.

I don't know whats going on. My transcripts were there 6/5 and I paid 6-12 and my gpa has not even been calculated let alone sent to DO schools. I will have to call them sometime this week to see what is taking so long!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there,

I had everything complete by 6-13 and just had my GPA verified on 7-10 within a few hours of my calling. It may have been longer if I didn't call in to see what was going on with my application. Definitely call in guys, it can't hurt if you are polite when asking. My application was just mailed out today. Good luck! :luck:

FMR1 said:
Hi there,

I had everything complete by 6-13 and just had my GPA verified on 7-10 within a few hours of my calling. It may have been longer if I didn't call in to see what was going on with my application. Definitely call in guys, it can't hurt if you are polite when asking. My application was just mailed out today. Good luck! :luck:

I submitted on 6/20 and I called in on friday to see what was going on. That night they calculated my GPA, and my Mailing Status went from "not mailed" to "new"

any idea what "new" means?

I think, but don't quote me on it, others have mentioned that "new" means your application was sent. I'm guessing our applications were mailed out then, at least I hope so.

FMR1 said:
I think, but don't quote me on it, others have mentioned that "new" means your application was sent. I'm guessing our applications were mailed out then, at least I hope so.

From the OP: Thanks everyone, I just checked a few minutes ago and now it says 'new'. Progress.

I had in all my transcripts by 6/5, designated and paid on 6/19, then nothing was happening so I called twice last week. My GPA was calculated on 7/12, and I just looked that they were mailed yesterday, 7/15.

I thought they were never going to get mailed!!!
Keep calling, someone gave me the idea on here, and it works! :)

Rachael07 said:
I had in all my transcripts by 6/5, designated and paid on 6/19, then nothing was happening so I called twice last week. My GPA was calculated on 7/12, and I just looked that they were mailed yesterday, 7/15.

I thought they were never going to get mailed!!!
Keep calling, someone gave me the idea on here, and it works! :)
That's cr@p I've been all done since the 6/19 and still nothing!! Definately calling tomorrow after class.

Don't you guys think it is sad that we have to call and pester AACOMAS to review our file in a timely manner? It's not like we haven't paid hundreds of dollars for this service. My AMCAS application has been complete and sent out to schools more than a week ago, even though I filed both applications on the same day. Maybe AMCAS has more resources, but they definately also have many more applicants using the system.

RisingSun

Hoping that next week will be my week for AACOMAS.

I have had my GPA calculated as of this morning.

I submitted on June 23rd and they had my transcripts in May. I called and they said that my application shoul go out to the schools by the end of this week.

Did nt some one on hear say that July 19th or 20th was a day they hear for the next mailing out???

My transcripts were there 1-June, I paid 12-June and my gpa was just calculated (17 June)! At this rate I will be lucky to make the december deadline! Also, my GPA calculation was incredibly lower than on my transcripts (3.81 BCP, 3.39 overall GPA, 3.9 PostBacc, 3.91 Graduate) and AACOMAS reported ( 3.48 BCP, 2.78 overall, 3.1 PB, 3.1 Graduate). Here is the thing...I have only one C, one W, and no D's or F's on my transcript, so, how in the hell did they come up with a 2 point anything on my GPA calculation?