Sep 11, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
Did this free online practise test with Kaplan. The PAT was incredibly easy but I got this problem wrong. I answered B but the correct answer is A. Can anyone explain this to me? Wouldn't there be hidden lines in the top view if the answer was A?

Thanks

Attachments

artist2022

yes, I'm a girl
2+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2016
Status
Dental Student
In this case, since it's dashed in the end view, it must also be dashed in the front view. Think of that area as a slide going all the way down to the ground, and covered by a closed-tunnel from halfway to the bottom. If you were a kid going down the slide, you'd hit the floor, but all you'd see above you would be a block. Hope this makes sense.

EDIT: JKJK- you'd be able to see above Let me see if I can draw it just as @8_man did

Last edited:
About the Ads

artist2022

yes, I'm a girl
2+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2016
Status
Dental Student
Viola. Used my super fab artistic skills ;) Hopefully this makes sense though. The purple covers the blue line, and since solid triumphs over dashed, it is shown as a solid line on the end view. This is my interpretation of it, and looks to be how A is correct.
upload_2017-9-11_22-35-58.png

Reactions: 8_man

8_man

Achievement Unlocked: Dental School
2+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2016
Status
Dental Student
Viola. Used my super fab artistic skills ;) Hopefully this makes sense though. The purple covers the blue line, and since solid triumphs over dashed, it is shown as a solid line on the end view. This is my interpretation of it, and looks to be how A is correct.
View attachment 223455
Seems that both A and B are possible solutions. Looks like Kaplan dropped the ball on this one +pity+

artist2022

yes, I'm a girl
2+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2016
Status
Dental Student
Seems that both A and B are possible solutions. Looks like Kaplan dropped the ball on this one +pity+
Wait, but now that I look closely again, how did you incorporate the dashed lines found in the end view? AHA :confused:

May 17, 2008
Status
Dental Student
Either way the question isn't internally consistent - in the top view the slope ends less than halfway across the width of the smaller rectangular piece on the right (indicated by the blue line I added). According to the side view in A, the slope extends more than halfway across the width of that smaller rectangular piece.

It's not possible for A to be correct here either.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8_man

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER... Dr. Romano and Nancy
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
View attachment 223455
:) The artist...always ready to help!

About the Ads