Sep 11, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Did this free online practise test with Kaplan. The PAT was incredibly easy but I got this problem wrong. I answered B but the correct answer is A. Can anyone explain this to me? Wouldn't there be hidden lines in the top view if the answer was A?

Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-10 at 11.31.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-10 at 11.31.03 PM.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 63

8_man

Achievement Unlocked: Dental School
2+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I'm gonna guess B

edit: and i got it wrong ok lets see...

edit edit: nope, still see B. Maybe I've gone blind.

artist2022

UCLA D4 🎉
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
2+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
In this case, since it's dashed in the end view, it must also be dashed in the front view. Think of that area as a slide going all the way down to the ground, and covered by a closed-tunnel from halfway to the bottom. If you were a kid going down the slide, you'd hit the floor, but all you'd see above you would be a block. Hope this makes sense.

EDIT: JKJK- you'd be able to see above Let me see if I can draw it just as @8_man did

Last edited:

8_man

2+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
here's what I see, and B looks right (unless they changed the PAT rules, then idk) IMG_0037.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

artist2022

UCLA D4 🎉
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
2+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Viola. Used my super fab artistic skills ;) Hopefully this makes sense though. The purple covers the blue line, and since solid triumphs over dashed, it is shown as a solid line on the end view. This is my interpretation of it, and looks to be how A is correct.
upload_2017-9-11_22-35-58.png

8_man

2+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Viola. Used my super fab artistic skills ;) Hopefully this makes sense though. The purple covers the blue line, and since solid triumphs over dashed, it is shown as a solid line on the end view. This is my interpretation of it, and looks to be how A is correct.
View attachment 223455

Seems that both A and B are possible solutions. Looks like Kaplan dropped the ball on this one +pity+

May 17, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
Either way the question isn't internally consistent - in the top view the slope ends less than halfway across the width of the smaller rectangular piece on the right (indicated by the blue line I added). According to the side view in A, the slope extends more than halfway across the width of that smaller rectangular piece.

It's not possible for A to be correct here either.

Last edited:

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER
Sponsor
Vendor
15+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
View attachment 223455
:) The artist...always ready to help!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.