whats the best PDA to get?

Started by psurocks
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

psurocks

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
whats the best PDA for a pharmacists to get, just looking for a pda to store info on, nothing for email and stuff like that

any advice?
 
I have a Tungsten E, which I will soon be replacing with the Palm TX for two reasons. First, my power button doesn't work anymore. Second, I want to use the internet. However, for basic stuff, I would recommend getting a Tungsten E used from someone (cheaper) or else getting the Tungsten E2, which replaced the E and my boyfriend seems to like his E2 a lot. Plus, you can get the card for the E2 to give you internet access, in case you change your mind later. Good luck!
 
Get an Eten X500 Smartphone, I just got one

It has everyone you could possibly want, plus it is VERY thin

It has GPS,GSM Quad Band,GPRS,WIFI,BLUETOOTH, 2 MP camera, calendar, msn messenger, everything

I got it on ebay for real cheap too, you should look into that
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
whats the best PDA for a pharmacists to get, just looking for a pda to store info on, nothing for email and stuff like that

any advice?

The best software is Lexi-Complete. Go to their website and see which devices will run their software. Eliminate the ones that don't.

I have an old Tungsten C with a built-in keyboard. It works great and runs all the Lexi applications without additional memory.
 
one the pda, is lexi-complete the only program one needs to put on it for drug info? or are there more programs that should be put on ?
 
one the pda, is lexi-complete the only program one needs to put on it for drug info? or are there more programs that should be put on ?
No, lexi complete gives you everything you need - drug info, herbals, peds dosing, pharmacotherapy handbook, harrison's online, stedmans medical dictionary, infectious disease guide, IV compatability, calculations for dosing, poison & toxicology, etc. That's why it's call "complete". You'll never need another reference on your PDA.
 
No, lexi complete gives you everything you need - drug info, herbals, peds dosing, pharmacotherapy handbook, harrison's online, stedmans medical dictionary, infectious disease guide, IV compatability, calculations for dosing, poison & toxicology, etc. That's why it's call "complete". You'll never need another reference on your PDA.

wats the cost?
 
I downloaded micromedex on my palm from school for free for now and it works great! I would consider buying lexi comp for my advanced rotations, but until then it is not necessary to spend all of that money...
 
I downloaded micromedex on my palm from school for free for now and it works great! I would consider buying lexi comp for my advanced rotations, but until then it is not necessary to spend all of that money...

I use that one as well as the free micromedex program. They're both really helpful and you can't beat the price! 😉
 
is it best to get the program from the school?

also, my bro has a Palm VIIx which he doesnt use anymore, so I was thinking could i upgrade its memory and use that, is that a viable option?
 
is it best to get the program from the school?

also, my bro has a Palm VIIx which he doesnt use anymore, so I was thinking could i upgrade its memory and use that, is that a viable option?

Go to the lexi web site. You can type in a model number and they will tell you if it is compatible. My Tungsten C was also free because it wasn't being used anymore at my husband's work.
 
I would recommend the palm tx...thats the one iam going with also. I have been researching pda's for weeks since school is approaching and they are mandatory at my school. The palm tx has rave reviews. In almost every article I read,they suggested it as best overall PDA. It is also a choice on the lexi complete website so it must be pretty compatible with thier software.
 
I just renewed my Lexi subscription and switched to the Lexi-Clinical suite. It only includes 5 databases - Lexi-Drugs, Lexi-Calc, Lexi-Interact, Lexi-Lab & Diagnostic Procedures and Harrison's Practice. It was only $150 with my renewal coupon code.
 
The best PDA available, IMO, is the Dell Axim x51v. It is the cream of the Windows Mobile crop.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad