Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
I am thinkin' WAY too far into the future (as I'm only about to begin PT school this summer), but I have been thinking about my plan after graduation, as I am confident in my ability to pass PT school.
I am definitely going to do the Travel PT route, as I LOVE to travel, and have no family obligations. The fact that they pay almost double the average salary, as well as provide you with a stipend for housing, food, etc. is just an added bonus. However, I want to become the best clinician possible, as I hope to perhaps open my own clinic one day. I am interested in the field of SNF and acute care, as I find the lifestyle very appealing. I am not forced to see 2-3 patients an hour like in outpatient, and there will be more variety. I also know that SNF and acute care are in more demand, as most PTs want to work in an outpatient setting. I believe going into residency immediately after graduation and then working in Travel PT (where most the jobs are in SNF and acute care) will allow me to be a better clinician after graduation and provide me with a higher starting salary (not as important since salaries are already high for travel PT).
Now, my question is, which specialization is better for SNF and acute care? (and even home health, as I plan to do some PNR for home health on top of being a travel PT). Should I get a GCS or NCS?
Thanks!
I am thinkin' WAY too far into the future (as I'm only about to begin PT school this summer), but I have been thinking about my plan after graduation, as I am confident in my ability to pass PT school.
I am definitely going to do the Travel PT route, as I LOVE to travel, and have no family obligations. The fact that they pay almost double the average salary, as well as provide you with a stipend for housing, food, etc. is just an added bonus. However, I want to become the best clinician possible, as I hope to perhaps open my own clinic one day. I am interested in the field of SNF and acute care, as I find the lifestyle very appealing. I am not forced to see 2-3 patients an hour like in outpatient, and there will be more variety. I also know that SNF and acute care are in more demand, as most PTs want to work in an outpatient setting. I believe going into residency immediately after graduation and then working in Travel PT (where most the jobs are in SNF and acute care) will allow me to be a better clinician after graduation and provide me with a higher starting salary (not as important since salaries are already high for travel PT).
Now, my question is, which specialization is better for SNF and acute care? (and even home health, as I plan to do some PNR for home health on top of being a travel PT). Should I get a GCS or NCS?
Thanks!
Last edited: