• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Site Updates Coming Soon

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

What’s the best way you suggest to pass COMLEX Level 1 in 6 weeks?

D

deleted1049832

I have a poor content foundation and have 6 weeks to pass COMLEX Level 1. I don’t care about the score, just want to pass (not gunning for anything outside primary care). I know I’m on limited time, but hoping to target high-yield stuff that’ll grant easy points.

Upvote 0

hungrydoc710

2+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2019
Southeast
  1. Medical Student
I'm already in broadly-applying-100+-programs-FM mentality.
Primary care entails IM as well - and although you can get IM with some pretty low scores - it also takes a lot of quality to get accepted into academic internal programs where you have a real shot at fellowships beyond.

I just wasn't aware what "only going for primary care" meant your head was at.

Anyways, like I said, download pepper decks for micro and pharm and just hit UW heavy + throw in COMBANK OMM questions.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
About the Ads
D

deleted1049832

Primary care entails IM as well - and although you can get IM with some pretty low scores - it also takes a lot of quality to get accepted into academic internal programs where you have a real shot at fellowships beyond.

I just wasn't aware what "only going for primary care" meant your head was at.

Anyways, like I said, download pepper decks for micro and pharm and just hit UW heavy + throw in COMBANK OMM questions.

Sorry I should have clarified as FM or community IM/Peds.

Is it better to get through all 3k UW questions (and the 300 or so COMBANK OMM questions), or do 70-80% of them? I was thinking of doing a full pass of Pathoma and Boards&Beyond (watching+reading associated FA pages while watching), but that's a lot of time invested, and it would come at the cost of UW questions.

Upvote 0

hungrydoc710

2+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2019
Southeast
  1. Medical Student
Sorry I should have clarified as FM or community IM/Peds.

Is it better to get through all 3k UW questions (and the 300 or so COMBANK OMM questions), or do 70-80% of them? I was thinking of doing a full pass of Pathoma and Boards&Beyond (watching+reading associated FA pages while watching), but that's a lot of time invested, and it would come at the cost of UW questions.
Questions are priority - watch BnB and Pathoma on subjects as you gt thru questions on missed concepts/facts

Tbh, all the leg work (full system review for everything) should have been done prior to dedicated so you can put 100% of time into questions

Upvote 0
D

deleted1049832

Questions are priority - watch BnB and Pathoma on subjects as you gt thru questions on missed concepts/facts

Tbh, all the leg work (full system review for everything) should have been done prior to dedicated so you can put 100% of time into questions

I wish I could focus on only questions too, but it can’t be helped since I need content review. I’m cool with FM, and am only taking the COMLEX.

Upvote 0

hungrydoc710

2+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2019
Southeast
  1. Medical Student
I wish I could focus on only questions too, but it can’t be helped since I need content review. I’m cool with FM, and am only taking the COMLEX.
Split the day in half
Watch vids/read FA/do cards in am, then do a block and review thoroughly second half of day, and end day with more vids + cards

Upvote 0
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.