Currently M4 applying to General Surgery, waiting for that Match Day...
As an M3 on my neurosurgery rotation: the last week of my 4 week rotation was insane, got to do a subdural evacuation from beginning to end (including the craniectomy) with my chief just standing there and telling me what to do next if I was stuck. Also got to drop 5 or 6 bedside EVDs in the Neuro ICU with the same chief just watching so I don't mess up.
As a M4 on my cardiothoracic sub-I: about 10-15 median sternotomies (using that drill is nuts!), multiple 1st assists on CABGs, cannulations, and pretty much all sternotomy closures that month on CT.
M4 on transplant: about 5-6 liver procurements as 1st assist with the fellow in the middle of the night. All the bilateral subcostal closures for the Whipples (since we didn't have an intern that month on transplant).
Currently on SICU as an M4: the interns and our PGY-2 have all met their numbers so any A-line that comes in is mine, and most of the central lines; and tons of little procedures here and there.