What's the difference?

Started by Dr4eyes
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dr4eyes

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What's the difference between optometry and ophthalmology?
 
Dr4eyes said:
What's the difference between optometry and ophthalmology?

Your profile says you are a pre-optometry student applying for Fall '06 admission and you are seriously asking this question?

I would think that someone who is going to apply for admission would have a concept of what the difference is.

Is it just me or am I detecting the scent of troll in the air?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wat does troll mean?

and yes i am applying for fall 06 admission...im just trying to gain more insight about the scope of ophthalmology...i know the basics of what makes our "two worlds" different as well as alike but im still trying to understand why there is some animosity between the two
 
Dr4eyes said:
wat does troll mean?

and yes i am applying for fall 06 admission...im just trying to gain more insight about the scope of ophthalmology...i know the basics of what makes our "two worlds" different as well as alike but im still trying to understand why there is some animosity between the two

You're a troll!!!! :meanie:
I don't understand why..... but You're a TROLL!!!!!
Anyways... back to your question. I think the biggest contribution to the animosity between optometrist and ophthalmologists is that they don't want optometrist to gain any more grounds into their scope of practice. The more optometrists can do, the less ophthalmologist can make, theoretically. I'm not quite sure either, but there's a thread in the ophthalmology forum saying that optometrist should be banned.... that would suck...