You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
What's the hardest med school class?
Started by Hedwig
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, neuro sucks. Endless minutiae. although biochem at my school is extremely painful and ranks at the bottom in true clinical relevance (although it should be more clinically relevant and probably is at other places).
Biochemistry is the hardest class in my school. They expect us to memorize the most minute details, most of which we will never use in practice. Neuro was actually easy and fun at our school. At my sisters school, Anatomy was the killer class.
Ditto to biochem. It's hell here. Long (almost all year), and rediculously in depth.
We have a great neuro course dirctor, so that class was amazing both 1st and 2nd years. Actually it has been my favorite course both years.
MSII, U. of Cincinnati COM
We have a great neuro course dirctor, so that class was amazing both 1st and 2nd years. Actually it has been my favorite course both years.
MSII, U. of Cincinnati COM
Mango, where do you go to school?, if you don't mind me asking 

If you are saying what class sucks most...how about saying where you go to school as well...that would be MUCH MUCH more informative.....
I hated biochem at BUSM, which is odd because I was a chemistry major in college. I guess the difference was that in med school, I had no time to think about the interesting stuff and had to focus on the memorization.
-Mary
-Mary
Originally posted by tbrow5:
•Neroscience sucks the most ass of any class I have ever taken!!!!!!!•••
I second this statement. What's more is that its minutia has even less application to the boards than does the minutia of biochem.
K
Katie
Biochem was not bad at Tufts. Anatomy is a killer this semester; I actually like the course and feel like I'm learning something important (unlike most of Biochem)but am not doing too well. Hopefully now that I know more about how to study for it I'll do better on the next exam (still don't know what I got on the first one, but I think it was not great and most people didn't have a good feeling about how they did either.)
I'm enjoying neuro so far
. It's so much more interesting than anatomy.
I hated anatomy at my school. There were only four main professors for anatomy, one of whom took on nearly two thirds of all lectures. Demonstrations for CTs and cross sections were really poorly organized. It just wasn't really a subject that I enjoyed.
. It's so much more interesting than anatomy. I hated anatomy at my school. There were only four main professors for anatomy, one of whom took on nearly two thirds of all lectures. Demonstrations for CTs and cross sections were really poorly organized. It just wasn't really a subject that I enjoyed.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 575
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 4K