What's the magic number?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

txgirl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It seems for medical school that 5 interviews is the magic number that makes it almost guaranteed that you'll get an acceptance. I started looking at the predents profiles for 2008/09, and it seems that anyone with 4 or more interviews comes out with an acceptance. So are there any other guesses or observations about what could possibly be the magic number for dental schools?

Before anyone makes a smart comment, I am very well aware that there are a lot of other factors that come into play, and I'm just starting this due to boredom because I'm tired of stalking my email, the AADSAS website, and my mailman :)

pie are squared

Different schools accept a different percentage of those interviewed. And it also depends on your personality/social skills. There are no guarantees - you can have 5 interviews and not get in, or you can have 1 and get in. But if you have 4-5, I think your chances are pretty good.

Members don't see this ad :)
it seems rare to me that someone would have more than 3 or so interviews without an acceptance. so if i were to choose a number it would be 4. of course its possible to have 4 or more interviews without an acceptance and that would be super depressing

...But if you have 4-5, I think your chances are pretty good.

Seriously, this is the best we can do untill the official word. There's no way around it, and no guarantees! You just have to wait.

I know we are all for peace of mind, but just let it go. These topics are futile.