Whats this personal statement?

Started by SCCpharm
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SCCpharm

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I see a lot of posts about people submitting a personal statement to the pharm schools, but the one I'm applying to (Midwestern Glendale) doesn't mention anything about a personal statement? So, are these personal statements required by only some schools or is this something extra that I should be working on?
 
If it doesn't mention anything about a personal statement on the supplemental, what they will probably do is take your Personal Statement from your Pharmcas application.

I called this school, it is very nice and a very new pharmacy school. However, you should get at least an 80 on your PCAT, regardless of your GPA. That's why I am no longer considering them! But if you have at least this PCAT score, you will be fine.
 
There is a personal statement in pharmcas. Thats what you have to write for Midwestern. I dont know if they have something else in their supplemental. Have you taken a look at pharmcas yet?
 
If it doesn't mention anything about a personal statement on the supplemental, what they will probably do is take your Personal Statement from your Pharmcas application.

I called this school, it is very nice and a very new pharmacy school. However, you should get at least an 80 on your PCAT, regardless of your GPA. That's why I am no longer considering them! But if you have at least this PCAT score, you will be fine.

So, Midwestern in Glendale only accepts people with 80+ PCAT?