What's Up Canadians?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredoc1004

future_doc
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Speak your mind on any topic!

Members don't see this ad.

Frustrated with my supervisor dragging his feet on approving my poster for the conference I am going to next week.... But so happy I got one of the dates I wanted for Western - It looks like I wouldn't have been able to switch and would have been stuck doubling up with Queen's and Western on one weekend - I feel really bad for people who didn't get a date that worked for them

Members don't see this ad :)
For sure - just a crazy few weeks lately - and coming up I guess!

utoronto, where are your emailss.. no uoft thread to lurk now..

All will unfold in the fullness of time and this hiccup shall be just a memory. Patience is a virtue.

Last edited:
I miss PM101! SDN just isn't as good (though I admit I regularly check both).

Yes, our home shall return.

Meanwhile, this is our alternate.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

quick question, do students in clerkships wear long or short white coats?

American students wear the short one, but I don't want to go into an elective in Canada and wear the short one if everyone else is wearing a long one!

No, it differs by the school. I've seen the short coats at Mac in particular. At Dal we don't have them and you would stand out as an elective student.

So I guess I wasn't around when PM101 got closed down... what went wrong? Did we do something awful and anger somebody?

I still click the bookmark out of habit. :(

I just wanted to give a shout out to "futuredoc1004" for his/her hard work in trying to provide a forum that is similar to PM101, especially during this crucial time. He/she is a very helpful, knowledgeable and esteemed member from PM101. If you have any questions, please post under the appropriate threads and I am certain that "futuredoc1004" or someone else from the PM101 forums will be able to assist! For those that do not post...I ask for your collective prayers for the site to go back up! :laugh:

...Angular

Thanks to Futuredoc1004 for their efforts to help fellow students!

SDN is expanding its forum offerings to assist our members from Canada while Premed101.com is offline.

Whoohoo! I was going insane without getting to check the UofT Invite/Reject thread.
UofT ...WHY YOU NO EMAIL!

Hey guys,

quick question, do students in clerkships wear long or short white coats?

American students wear the short one, but I don't want to go into an elective in Canada and wear the short one if everyone else is wearing a long one!
Haha, I didn't know it made a difference. I would've opted for the short one because it would look better on me! (oh vanity)

Thanks to Futuredoc1004 for their efforts to help fellow students!

SDN is expanding its forum offerings to assist our members from Canada while Premed101.com is offline.

Thank you.

Whats up my brothers/sisters up north??? Im a Canadian down in the US for med school. Hope all is well back home! I often find myself going through short spurts of Tim Horton Withdrawal

Whats up my brothers/sisters up north??? Im a Canadian down in the US for med school. Hope all is well back home! I often find myself going through short spurts of Tim Horton Withdrawal

Whatt you mean there's no Timmies down in the States?
I'm so used to having old reliable everywhere I go.
Even when I take a trip up North to the most rural area and I suddenly have to...eat...or go to the bathroom, Tim Hortons is always there :D
How do you survive?!

It bothers me that my user name is different here than in premed101. I wish I could change it.

Thanks for teaching me your trick - at least my original name shows up now!

f_d

Thanks for teaching me your trick - at least my original name shows up now!

f_d

You are very welcome :D Isn't the feature awesome?
I could've used it to show my original name too but I would rather not have it associated with the current one :L

any clue with whats going on regarding PM101??

Nope. Not a word of what is up but I assume they are trying to solve whatever problem has occurred or worst case scenario, Ian is away.

f_d

I've had it with these m******F*******g crashes on that M*****F****G forum!!!

I have to resort to going on facebook now instead of pm101.. THESE crashes have to stop, honestly is this ian guy so cheap to not buy a better server?

I am Just kidding, I don't mean that.

I've had it with these m******F*******g crashes on that M*****F****G forum!!!

I have to resort to going on facebook now instead of pm101..

I know exactly how you feel lol, i miss pm101

Our community is building here and SDN are so very helpful to us making us feel right at home.

f_d

I always found SDN much better than premed101, I read the premed101 forums but never joined. There is WAAAAAAAAAY more info on SDN. However, most of it isnt applicable to you guys since you are at a Canadian med school. Also Premed101 was dead, not much traffic

Our community is building here and SDN are so very helpful to us making us feel right at home.

f_d

i hope its not a permanent move... some of the stuff on pm101 is priceless.

an md sould afford better servers thiugh.
again, im just kidding, i dont mean any of it.

Will PMs and the CP ever come back?