Whats up with all the 'should I audit' posts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predentstudent1

Balle Balle
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Its like most of the posts i see now are: 'my dat score--audit?'....'i got frapped-audit?'....'my mouse didnt work--should i audit?'...'I ate some beans the night before and I pooped in my pants during the test--should I audit?'

Is this the new thing these days?

ppl need to calm down and stop blaming the system...just study hard and you will score well. if you have to retake then so be it. look at your study habits before you start blaming the testing center and the test in general. All of us are in the same boat and sooner or later you will get the score that you deserve, if you already havn't.

Just thought I'd throw that out there...sorry if I offended anyone.

GL to all.

Members don't see this ad.

Its like most of the posts i see now are: 'my dat score--audit?'....'i got frapped-audit?'....'my mouse didnt work--should i audit?'...'I ate some beans the night before and I pooped in my pants during the test--should I audit?'

ppl need to calm down and stop blaming the system...just study hard and you will score well. if you have to retake then so be it. look at your study habits before you start blaming the testing center and the test in general. All of us are in the same boat and sooner or later you will get the score that you deserve, if you already havn't.

GL to all.

I had a couple of mistakes on my DAT and I wouldve audited had I known how. Unfortunatly I found out about auditing after it was too late.

GL to all.

Seems like someone didn't take their pills. You need to calm down and stop pissing those people off, or maybe stop reading those threads. Everyone is free to ask questions here, and you are no one to blame them. Get a life :thumbdown:

I had a couple of mistakes on my DAT and I wouldve audited had I known how. Unfortunatly I found out about auditing after it was too late.

What do you mean you had a couple "mistakes" on your DAT? Is it possible that in that 45 second period that had to look at the question you misread something? Or didn't understand it? It is quite presumptuous to think you KNOW for a fact that there were mistakes on your test.. you are basically saying that you should have gotten 30s across the board and understood everything that came up.

Members don't see this ad :)
What do you mean you had a couple "mistakes" on your DAT? Is it possible that in that 45 second period that had to look at the question you misread something? Or didn't understand it? It is quite presumptuous to think you KNOW for a fact that there were mistakes on your test.. you are basically saying that you should have gotten 30s across the board and understood everything that came up.

I finished every section with at least 10 minutes remaining. There was a spec question thatwas very simple howeevr there was a peak missing. Instead of 5 peaks there were only 4. I knew the organic well enough to get a 30 for sure. After the test I remember the question very clearly and I wrote it down and showed it to several professors who all concurred that there was a peak missing. That peak was required to differentiate between answers. Additionally, there was a R,S configuration that I also wrote don and asked and I am 100% posiitve that the correct answer wasnt there. My test was very wierd. If you want more specific details PM me. The orgo is one section that at the time of my test i knew cold cover to cover and was confident going in that I was gonna pull a 30 in. PM me.

I finished every section with at least 10 minutes remaining. There was a spec question thatwas very simple howeevr there was a peak missing. Instead of 5 peaks there were only 4. I knew the organic well enough to get a 30 for sure. After the test I remember the question very clearly and I wrote it down and showed it to several professors who all concurred that there was a peak missing. That peak was required to differentiate between answers. Additionally, there was a R,S configuration that I also wrote don and asked and I am 100% posiitve that the correct answer wasnt there. My test was very wierd. If you want more specific details PM me. The orgo is one section that at the time of my test i knew cold cover to cover and was confident going in that I was gonna pull a 30 in. PM me.
They same thing happened to my Orgo too. I had a "predict the product" question which was so easy, but the answer was not there. None of the choices were even close. I kept the question well in mind, and asked both of my Ochem professsor by email the same day. They gave me the same answer that I was looking for, but could not find in the choices. There are some wrong questions on some of the tests for sure.

I had a paper folding question in PAT that had the last 2 folds the same. in other words, the figure did not change from the 2nd to the 3rd fold...

Seems like someone didn't take their pills. You need to calm down and stop pissing those people off, or maybe stop reading those threads. Everyone is free to ask questions here, and you are no one to blame them. Get a life :thumbdown:

First of all, I have a life. Its called pre-dentistry. Secondly, I am not trying to blame anyone at all. I am simply trying to point out the recent climb in 'audit' postings and that people should just try to look at other aspects, such as their study habits, their mood, or the kind of day they were having, before they start trying to audit their test and 'try to get a few points back'. If a little research is done on this forum, one will find that in a situation where mistakes are found during an audit, points will not simply be given back, rather you are alloted 30 days to retake the DAT. This brings me back to my point of study habits. If they are what caused you to do poorly the first time around (one or 2 potential mistakes on the DAT will not affect your score drastically), then there is a chance that you will do poorly once again. That is all. I am certainly not trying to piss people off and again, I am sorry if i have offended anyone.

Reactions: 1 user
First of all, I have a life. Its called pre-dentistry. Secondly, I am not trying to blame anyone at all. I am simply trying to point out the recent climb in 'audit' postings and that people should just try to look at other aspects, such as their study habits, their mood, or the kind of day they were having, before they start trying to audit their test and 'try to get a few points back'. If a little research is done on this forum, one will find that in a situation where mistakes are found during an audit, points will not simply be given back, rather you are alloted 30 days to retake the DAT. This brings me back to my point of study habits. If they are what caused you to do poorly the first time around (one or 2 potential mistakes on the DAT will not affect your score drastically), then there is a chance that you will do poorly once again. That is all. I am certainly not trying to piss people off and again, I am sorry if i have offended anyone.

Really? Hahahaha! :laugh: I love the DAT. If true this is the best policy I have ever heard of. It stops people from crying to get back a point or two on a single section. If you're so good take it again and see if you make the same score or higher. Nice!

Reactions: 1 user

No offense man but I don't think anyone goes in EXPECTING to perfect a section. Organic has many unique idiosyncratic reactions that don't follow the traditional rules and its possible you got hit by one of these. I know on one of my questions it appeared there was no correct answer at first glance however, the structure was unique and the following reaction could occur despite the lack of another normally required precursor or reaction condition.

If your really that good tho, simply retake and 30 the orgo section.

They same thing happened to my Orgo too. I had a "predict the product" question which was so easy, but the answer was not there. None of the choices were even close. I kept the question well in mind, and asked both of my Ochem professsor by email the same day. They gave me the same answer that I was looking for, but could not find in the choices. There are some wrong questions on some of the tests for sure.

the question didn't involve a carbonyl group by any chance???

No offense man but I don't think anyone goes in EXPECTING to perfect a section. Organic has many unique idiosyncratic reactions that don't follow the traditional rules and its possible you got hit by one of these. I know on one of my questions it appeared there was no correct answer at first glance however, the structure was unique and the following reaction could occur despite the lack of another normally required precursor or reaction condition.

I would think that everyone goes in expecting to perfect every science section and if you like math the math. Going in I expected to ace Gchem Orgo and QR. Of course im sure I made a couple of careless mistakes and messed up in Gchem and QR. However in Orgo I and 2 professors agree that there was definitely a mistake. It isnt worth it to retake because I did pretty well and anything can happen ( I suck at bio and just as easily as I could have gotten a 23 I couldve gotten a 17). I was very tempted to retake when I found out about auditing, but I had already sent out my scores and you cant audit anymore once your scores are sent out or something.

I would think that everyone goes in expecting to perfect every science section and if you like math the math. Going in I expected to ace Gchem Orgo and QR. Of course im sure I made a couple of careless mistakes and messed up in Gchem and QR. However in Orgo I and 2 professors agree that there was definitely a mistake. It isnt worth it to retake because I did pretty well and anything can happen ( I suck at bio and just as easily as I could have gotten a 23 I couldve gotten a 17). I was very tempted to retake when I found out about auditing, but I had already sent out my scores and you cant audit anymore once your scores are sent out or something.

Or you could just retake for the fun of it, seeing as how you are expecting 30's in Gchem, Orgo, and QR. Even a non-30 score in BIO would not lower your AA once you have three 30's under your belt. I say you go for it!

the question didn't involve a carbonyl group by any chance???

It did!

Then odds are it was a keto/enol transformation that attacked the carbonyl group of an indentical molecule and if there was a delta sign present (heat) then odds are you had a dehydration and a double bond formation...

Or you could just retake for the fun of it, seeing as how you are expecting 30's in Gchem, Orgo, and QR. Even a non-30 score in BIO would not lower your AA once you have three 30's under your belt. I say you go for it!

Perhaps after I get accepted to school I will just for kicks. However that would mean re-studying for this stupid test and I hated studying. I dont remember the stuff nearly as well as I once did.