What's up with Sackler?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ramona223

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, the lady who answers the phone in NY does NOT like me...For the matter, all Nyers who answer my phone calls seem not to like me...
I called to ask her if they average two MCAT scores or take the higher one, and she refused to tell me! To everything I said she would reply "it's up to the admissions committee..." Should I even apply at this point (just kidding!)
Then I asked her where on the application I could indicate that I would retake in August...And she said, "put it in your personal statement...."
They never reply to my Emails either... :-(
Again, does anyone know if the 3 schools average or take the higher score? This is a pretty important question for me since with most of these schools you could technically apply for the same year and take the test 3 times...

Members don't see this ad.

sHE IS VERY RUDE. SHE IS THIS AMERICAN WOMEN WHO IS JSUT OBNOXIOUS. EVERYTIME I CALL I GET AN ATTITUDE AND TREATED LIKE ****. I AM ABOUT TO QUESTION WHETHER I EVEN WANNA GO THERE CUZ ITS THAT REDICULOUS. Sorry for the caps, but i mean come on, i am about to pay her salary along with 120,000 dollars, give me a break. Don't feel bad, she is known for being this way.

Thanks so much for your post! BTW when did you apply? I'm thinking of applying in December or January at the latest...Hope that's not too late in the game in terms of how many people they would have taken in already...

My application is being held back by the fact that I'm taking the MCAT again and getting letters of rec from science professors that I actually had a class with (is this a must? do you have to get letters from people that gave you a grade or can they be science profs that you worked for?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
Sackler vs. DO program - what is your opinion if you are accepted into both?

You're much better off with an MD vs a DO, although the bias against DO's isn't as prominent as it once was. Currently, I'm at Sackler, and I'm very happy that I made the decision to come here rather than re-apply.

Timbo0984 said:
Sackler vs. DO program - what is your opinion if you are accepted into both?

If it helps, I applied the last week of May 2005 for entry into the class beginning September 2005. So you don't need to feel pressured to get your application in sooner if there's still things that are missing from it, or that you'd like to include in it.

dalblack said:
Ramona, Just found these questions. It has been a long time I know. Anyways, I am at Sackler now. It is going ok with almost two months into school. I had applied in about Sept. for the following year to everywhere. You can actually began at sgu in January. I would try to apply before December for sure. By Dec. 1 perhaps. Sooner the better, don't put anything off. For the science prof. rec. , yes you need it, and no it does not have to be from someone who gave you a grade. Any science prof. will do. Hope you get this, and good luck. Shalom.